Monday, September 29, 2008

New Obsession...



Believe it or not, my husband actually suggested this new obsession to me (little did he know right?). Ben, who is a dedictaed Dave Ramsey listener, follower, etc, etc...listens to his radio show every evening on his drive home (one good thing about Atlanta traffic) and one of the commercials was for this website and he told me about it. http://www.e-mealz.com/
I checked it out today and I think I am in love with this. It is exactly what I have been looking for and needing. Since I am now a stay-at-home mom and producing no income (UGH)...I feel this huge responsibility to stretch the family dollars as far as they can go. Now most of you know me and know that this sounds quite silly...since I have a tendancy to "shall we say...SPLURGE"! My trips to Target are limited...no eating out (this one is huge since I went out to eat every day when I was working)...cooking dinner at home...and I am staying away from PotteryBarnKids' website and trying to actually follow a budget (I am doing quite well to this point mind you)!
I have been trying to plan out meals and make grocery shopping a bit more organized than in the past rather than the impulse trips of yore (is this even a word anymore)! Now, maybe I won't end up with 4 boxes of minute rice in the pantry at one time! I do enjoy cooking and am not terrible at it, but I do tend to fix the same things over and over again.
This website ($15 for 3 month subscription) does all of the hard work for you. They provide weekly menus, grocery lists, etc, etc. You can choose from select stores (Kroger, Publix, WalMart or any store) and it even calculates your grocery bill for you...FABULOUS! It also provides menus that are Low Carb-Low Fat and even Weight Watchers. And the meals are actually things that we would like to eat. I am looking forward to a new variety of meals...I am sure Ben is too!
Anywho...check it out. Dave Ramsey recommends it b/c you will save money by planning ahead and being organizing...and no impulse shopping! I don't usually promote things like this, but this seems really cool and I can't wait to try it out. I am excited! Let me know if any of you try it out! Also, any other suggestions you guys have to share to help stretch the family dollar...let me know! I am open to suggestions!

2 comments:

chris anne said...

sounds awesome. too bad my husband probably wouldn't touch any of the food. but i love the idea. it's so hard to keep coming up with meals. i feel like we have the same ones over and over again. let me know if there's any on there with everything separated! :)

Lindsay said...

that sounds awesome! i'm going to have to check it out.