Thursday, October 18, 2007

Marble Slab Creamery!

Soooo...it is just not fair to give someone the diagnosis of gestational diabetes and then...once you have the baby...it goes away! For someone who never really had a sweet tooth...not being able to have it really makes you start craving it! I guess it is that thing where you always want what you can't have. Anywho...I say all of that because I now have a new found love for ICE CREAM. Don't get me wrong, I have always liked ice cream (Breyers chocolate especially), but never have I wanted ice cream every day. It's not just any ice cream either...it MUST be "chocolate mint with oreos mixed in" from the Marble Slab! I am obsessed! I know I am insane...but it is soooo good! I don't actually have it every day, but quite often. I actually weigh less now than before I got pregnant (I have no idea how), however, with this new ice cream thing...that will probably not last very long. When mom was here I would have her go in b/c I think the people that work there are starting to recognize me, my order, and my frequent buyer card! I think I got mom hooked on their milkshakes too. I am so bad!
I just thought I would share my new-found ice cream obsession with you all! Hopefully it will go away soon before I weigh 1000 lbs! Think about me next time you go to the marble slab. I am going to have to go back to work early to support my new ice cream habit! :)

On a very happy note...CONGRATS to Elizabeth, Kevin & Bella Miller on the birth of miss Mary Kate Miller! I love this child already b/c she has such a great name...heehee...my maiden name was Kate Miller Harris! Liza...we are so happy for you and your growing family. We can't wait to meet Miss Mary Kate!

One more thing...HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY to my precious nephew, Liam! He is the BIG #2 this week! Obviously, he can't read this, but maybe his mommy and daddy can spread the word! HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIAM!

4 comments:

Abigail and Ansley said...

Yummy! I will have to try that kind next time! You look great in your pictures!

Angie said...

Pregnancy has affected my sweet tooth, too. I used to skip dessert with no reserves, and now dessert is the only thing I want. Ice cream and chocolate have been my favorites.

chris anne said...

they have the best ice cream. when jamie and i were pregnant with the boys, we went there all teh time.

Rebecca Fua said...

kater, you make me want to go get ice cream...right now. can't wait to see you this weekend!