Sam went on his first camping trip on Saturday. Ben's parents, family friends (Jack and Vera), Aunt Susie and Aunt Nette all go to Cades Cove camping every year in October. Ben grew up camping so it is important that Sam gets used to camping since he will be doing it a lot throughout his life. So...Saturday, we drove up to Cades Cove to visit for the day (Sam and I actually drove up on Thursday too...so we got to visit twice). Sam slept most of the day, so Ben and I were able to go with everyone on a walk through the cove (thanks to Sam's NaNa for watching him). It was beautiful and hard to believe such an amazing place is only like 45 minutes from us. Sam stayed in the camper most of the time to avoid the campfire smoke, but we just sat around the fire and visited. It was so nice and relaxing. It was funny...we were sitting in church today and Ben said that Sam's carseat smelled like a campfire. I need to sit it outside or something tonight! :)
I am paranoid about them going to the mountains this week...it seems that this week in October is jinxed. Two years ago (this week) Ben went to the hospital with his ruptured appendix and developed sepsis (yikes), his Uncle Joe Bob went to the hospital and cousin Chad. I remember it like it was yesterday. We had to call Ben's grandparents (who live in Townsend) to drive up to the campground in order to get his parents since we couldn't call them. Then last year, Mom and Dad Hazlewood's camper was literally smashed in half by a tree (seriously...I wish I had a picture). There were hurricane winds in the mountains and a tree literally came up out of the ground and demolished their camper in the middle of the night. Luckily it hit right in the middle of the camper so they were able to crawl out of the window from the bedroom. What an amazing blessing that they were okay! Can't say that for the camper, but it was quickly replaced. :) I say all of that b/c thank God that this year was a very safe, hospital and storm-free camping trip. I always joke that they need to pick another week, but I think they will be okay from here on out and they will have many many years of great trips to come. :)
Just wanted to share some pictures of Sam's first of many trips camping!
I am paranoid about them going to the mountains this week...it seems that this week in October is jinxed. Two years ago (this week) Ben went to the hospital with his ruptured appendix and developed sepsis (yikes), his Uncle Joe Bob went to the hospital and cousin Chad. I remember it like it was yesterday. We had to call Ben's grandparents (who live in Townsend) to drive up to the campground in order to get his parents since we couldn't call them. Then last year, Mom and Dad Hazlewood's camper was literally smashed in half by a tree (seriously...I wish I had a picture). There were hurricane winds in the mountains and a tree literally came up out of the ground and demolished their camper in the middle of the night. Luckily it hit right in the middle of the camper so they were able to crawl out of the window from the bedroom. What an amazing blessing that they were okay! Can't say that for the camper, but it was quickly replaced. :) I say all of that b/c thank God that this year was a very safe, hospital and storm-free camping trip. I always joke that they need to pick another week, but I think they will be okay from here on out and they will have many many years of great trips to come. :)
Just wanted to share some pictures of Sam's first of many trips camping!
1 comment:
Sam is braver than I am. You know how I feel about camping.
Post a Comment