Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Our house was feeling festive and thought I would share! I LOVE Christmas...I can't believe it's almost here and I really don't want it to end! Do I really have to stop listening to Christmas music? This is our tree that Ben bought before we were even married (so cute). It's pre-lit, but only one of the strands actually works now, so I've strung regular strands on there so it's pretty funny in the back of that thing. This may be the last year for our big ole tree...hopefully we can find a good one on sale after Christmas.
I do love having all of our family ornaments on there. I've always wanted one of those pretty, "themed" tree, so maybe one day I'll do a really fun tree too...but I can't ever let go of my sentimental ornaments. We always made fun of my mom when we were putting up our tree and how she told the story on every ornament...every year, but I catch myself doing the same thing now. Sorry mom! We love you and your extremely organized and sentimental ornaments! However...the black bearded Santa Claus will always have a home towards the BACK of the tree! Ha (sorry...inside joke).
"Rex" the Elf has made an appearance again this year (can you tell we watch Toy Story A LOT). Last year, Sam wasn't very interested in him, but we've had lots of fun with him this year. Ben's really gotten into it too...so cute!
My mantel! I always love this mantel. LOVE to sit there after the boys go to bed with just the lights on the tree and mantel. So Christmasy! The stockings are hand knitted by none other than...Martha herself (my mom Martha, that is)! She had made these for Duff, Sara and I when we were little and has been making them ever since. There's no telling how many people out there have Miss Martha stockings. She made mine and Ben's when we got married (the back's of them have the year we got married - 2004). The boys have their name and birth year on the back. You can't see the detail, but these things take her forever and all the sequins are sewed on there by hand. So special. These are one of my favorite Christmas decorations/traditions! Love you mom!
My little skinny trees in the foyer. LOVE skinny trees. These make me very happy.
Some favorite ornaments...
I painted this one for mine and Ben's 1st Christmas! I painted another one this year with everyone's name on there, so I'll have to take a picture of it when I get a chance.
Sam's 1st Christmas - 2007
By the way...Pottery Barn Kids does NOT make these (or at least I cannot find one) anymore, so I'll have to find something different for jack. I just thought these were cute.
LOVE this one. We bought this one on our honeymoon in Jackson Hole, Wy!
I didn't get this one in France, but got it that Christmas the same year that Leslie and I went to France/Italy (2001?). Such an AMAZING trip! I always think of her and our many adventures when I put it up! Love you Leslie!
Happy Holidays friends!

1 comment:

Leslie Ware said...

Aww, I love you too! I found the awesome photo/memory book you made for me after our trip the other day and I had so much fun looking at it! What a great trip! Your house looks awesome and Jackson and I LOVE our Ms. Martha stockings!