Major props to my husband for having the idea for the two of us to get away for the weekend. He called his parents one night to see if they would come watch the boys so we could get out of town. I didn't even know he was going to do this...I think he was nervous that mommy might go insane if she didn't get out of the house! Ha! :) NaNa and YaYa were happy to oblige...as always. They are so good to us. We talked about where to go, but finally just decided to stay downtown (well, actually Midtown) Atlanta. Thst way we'd feel like we were far away but still only 20-30 minutes from home in case the boys needed us. I wasn't ready to be far away from Jack yet. So, Friday Ben and I left for two whole nights by ourselves. We ate dinner that night at Maggianos...one of our favorites! Slept late Saturday...and Sunday. Ate some more...and pretty much just did whatever we wanted the whole time. So fun. Thank you NaNa and YaYa for watching the boys! They had so much fun!
It's so important to get away with your husband every once in a while and take the time to focus on just us. Nice to remember that we are Ben and Kate too...not just Mommy and Daddy! Ben's moms best advice to me (and I'm sure I've said this before)...one of the best things you can do for your kids is to love their daddy. And I do (it's pretty easy)! :)
Again...no pictures but some random cell phone pics. I left my camera card in my laptop at home.
Again...no pictures but some random cell phone pics. I left my camera card in my laptop at home.
This is probably a very silly picture to take, but I was very excited about it. We stayed at the new Loews hotel in Midtown (soooo nice)...and this was in our bathroom (along with an AWESOME shower)! Now I want one (not that it will ever happen). Very fun.
I seem to always take pictures of food too. Saturday night, we decided that we'd go to the Melting Pot. When would we normally go somewhere that it took like 2 1/2 hours to eat? Never, so we did...took our time and enjoyed every second. Here is the yummy dessert plate. We ordered the chocolate with peanut butter bits! YUM! It was ridiculous! So good.As good as it was to get away...we still missed these guys QUITE A BIT! Love them!
I think this picture is hilarious. Sam and I ran to Lowes after church a few Sundays ago...and I thought he looked really cute. So preppy...I love it. I'm a sucker for preppy boys! He was posing by the carpets!
Missed this little man too. He is just the sweetest and happiest thing! These were my first nights away from him...he did great (except for waking up at 4:30 one morning - sorry YaYa). :)
No comments:
Post a Comment