Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sam's 3rd Birthday Party!

Yesterday, we had Sam's Birthday Party at Monkey Joe's (our favorite bouncy place)! We had just a few friends and family there. We had such a wonderful time. Sam had a blast...we are so thankful to our friends and family that joined us and helped make it such a special day for Sam! Monkey Joes was an awesome place to have a birthday party. Pretty much all we did was show up, bring cupcakes/cake, buy some balloons, a little confetti...have fun...and leave. No clean up, no cooking food all day, no cleaning your house...it was fabulous! They did everything! I highly recommend it!

I'll let these pictures do the rest...

I had the brilliant idea of baking my own cake this year after I saw the Buzz Lightyear (of course) cake mold. Got the cake mold and pretty much bought out the Wilton section at Michaels of their cake decorating supplies. They really get you with buying all of the "supplies" don't they? Last week I decided to do a test run b/c I had NO IDEA what I was getting myself into. I had never done one of these before. The test cake was pretty rough, but I learned some tricks and think this one turned out pretty good. Started the cake after dinner (once the kiddos were asleep) Friday night...and finished around 3am. YIKES! Didn't know it would take me that long, but I actually enjoyed it. Kind of relaxing if you can believe that? Sam was really excited about his Buzz Lightyear "cupcake". I will definitely be making more of these in the future. Very fun!
A view of the party room. How funny is that giant chair at the end. Sam sat in it for about 2 seconds...so cute! Monkey Joe's supplies plates/napkins, etc...but I had to keep with the Toy Story theme and go with the matching plates, etc...

Some treat bags

Ordered these ADORABLE cupcake toppers on etsy.com. If you have a particular themed party in mind...go to etsy and search for i.e. "toy story birthday party"...and you will see millions of handmade things. I ordered the invitations (just a jpeg file that they sent me and I printed), cupcake toppers and the stickers for treat bags. All very inexpensive...and better yet...I didn't have to do them myself. I usually get myself into these things...and end up driving myself insane. This was much easier. I'm all about easy these days.

These stickers might have been $2 or $3...so cheap and so cute! Got to LOVE etsy!

We LOVE our Grandmothers (well...mothers actually)! Here's Mops and NaNa with Jack! They take such good care of us...love you!

Sam and Alayna playing! At first he was pulling her off the alligator by the hand...then he was hugging her...then Alayna had had enough and we had to make Sam stop. They are so cute though. I keep telling Katey that maybe we should start saving for the double wedding...Sam and Alayna...and Jack (and baby Isabelle who isn't even here yet, but we're sure they will love eachother as much as Sam and Alaya do). HA! :)

Alayna, Addie and Sam


The Hazlewoods! Love my inlaws...they are the best!

Sliding down the slide!

Jack had a great time at the party too. He can't wait until he's big enough to bounce!

Sam enjoyed his cupcakes (yes...that was multiple...he had several - why not, it's his party)! Notice the Toy Story confetti...how cute is it? Very fun! Not fun to clean up, but looked quite pretty! :)

Cake and cupcakes with friends.

Opening presents. There was a definite theme to all the gifts this year...Toy Story. Sam was soooooo excited!

More presents...thank you to all of our friends!

Every time we walk the mall, Sam has to go to the Disney Store to visit this talking Buzz! Alayna brought it to him and he has NOT put it down since. It went in the car to church this morning...and everywhere since.
Alayna was so sweet asking Sam if he liked his Buzz. So cute!

Look how exhausted these kiddos are. This was my attempt at a group picture of the kids. Notice who's not in it? Yep, the birthday boy. I tried to get him to make an appearance but he was not having it. Little did I know at the time, but he had just gotten his Buzz to stand up after trying and trying...and I took him away to take a picture. Several family members saw all of this taking place and told me afterwards. Mean ole mommy! :) Maybe once I get my new laptop with Photoshop, I can start adding Sam to all of these group pictures that he refuses to appear in.
After a long day of family, friends, bouncing, presents, lots of cake and cupcakes, playing...this is how we found Sam last night after he went to bed! Ben had gone up to put him in his bed, but before he did...he came down to get me, mom, NaNa and YaYa so we could see for ourselves (b/c we never would have believed him if he told us). I never thought a 3 year old could fall asleep sitting up...with his arm propped up on the potty! Bless his heart...so tired!
Happy ALMOST birthday to my sweet SAM! He is such an amazing little man and has taught me SOOOOOOO much about myself, being a mommy and everything else!
It is almost unbelievable to think that 3 years ago tonight I looked like this...

1 comment:

Jillina said...

Looks like a great party!! Cake is of course amazing!! You are SOO Talented!!