Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Lately...

We've been kind of busy lately...with what...I'm not sure, but I feel exhausted. VBS was last week. Since I volunteered, the boys were able to go too. Sam was actually in the big auditorium this year with his little class. I pretty much anticipated him reacting the way he did. He wouldn't sit with his group while we were in there...he had to come sit with me and my group (I had 1st grade this year). So for all the songs, skits, etc...he was with me. I also learned that he doesn't sit still very well unless there are songs to be sung and dances to be danced. When he moves out of the nursery in the fall into the auditorium with us (before they go into children's church)...that should be fun! Really looking forward to that. I'll have to pack lots of things to keep us busy! :) Sam did fine once they went to class...he just has this thing about being in the same room with me...he must be physically stuck up my rear end the whole time. :) Ben's mom says he needs to be surgically removed! Haha! Ben was the same way with his mom. Anyway, VBS was a success...the kids had a great time.
Other than that...we've been trying to avoid the heat (made several trips to Monkey Joes...mall...etc). Most of these pictures I took with my phone, so they aren't the best quality, but just some things that we've been up to.

My little monkey

Had my mommy friends over for lunch/brunch one Saturday (sans children) and I made these bags as little treats. Just found the bags at Hobby Lobby and wrote their names...in none other than my favorite...puffy paint. It may be a product of the 80s...but it just looks so good on stuff like that. So easy...and inexpensive. I LOVE TREATS!

We all went to Monkey Joes one day...Leanne and I had to put the little boys in the Bjorn so we could chase the big boys around! Too cute.
Sam doesn't look very excited here, but we were riding the carousel at the mall...a weekly outing.
Here's our diaper assembly line. I thought them looking at each other was really cute.
Sam always asks to go to the Disney store...and I couldn't resist getting a BIG Woody and Buzz. Sam loves them so. Sometimes you do what you have to to get through a trip out.
Showing me that Woody and Buzz "have an owner". For those of you who've seen Toy Story 2 a million times like we have know what I'm talking about. So cute.
Looking on the bottom of his shoe to see if he had "an owner" too! His owner apparently was "Stride Rite"! :) Ha!
This is what happens when mommy is feeding the baby and Sam is bored. that day we had stickers everywhere on everything. Yikes. :)

Bought these this week. This is a whole story in its own...I'll write more later. I am terrifed to do this potty training thing. Ugh!

No comments: