Thursday, July 22, 2010

Blueberry Pickin'!

We met Leanne, Jackson and Philip at "Blueberry Hill" for some berry picking this morning! We did this last year and had lots of fun. Took Sam a while to warm up to the idea, but once he did, he was really into it. Jack slept in the car for a bit...then sweated like crazy outside...then back to the cool car. Next year he will be all over the place when we go.
Jackson picking his blueberries. Leanne asked Sam about the blueberries and he said "NO...they're purple"! How funny.

Comparing buckets. Not sure if this was before or after Sam dumped them all over the ground. Oh well, I told myself, we were just going to have fun and if we walked away with nothing...who cares. This is my new philosophy. I'm so mellow these days huh? HAHAHAHAHAHA...yeah right. :) I'm trying though!
Cheese!
Looks so big here. We were sweating to death out there so our trip was pretty short, but we got our blueberries...so now all I need is to come up with what to cook with them. Probably muffins since Sam likes them so much.
Pickin' blueberries!
Trying to pick out the "purple" ones.

1 comment:

Jillina said...

If you find a good muffin/bread recipe let me know. Babs has a blueberry bush and we have a freezer full of blueberries that I would love to make something with. I'm not a huge fan of the blueberry but the kids are.