Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Happy Fathers Day & Happy Birthday NaNa!

We spent this past weekend in Maryville with NaNa, YaYa, Rob, Anita, Jacob and Annabeth. Rob and Anita were in town from Michigan for a wedding, so we thought with that, Fathers Day and NaNa's birthday...that we should definitely head up there to spend time with everyone. We had such a great time. Friday night, NaNa and YaYa had invited the WHOLE family over to the house for a barbeque. It was so nice seeing everyone and watching the kids play. Such a great family we have! I am bummed that I didn't get my camera out that night to take any pictures, but I got some others of the weekend.
We spent most of the weekend just hanging out. NaNa picked a million beans in their garden on Sunday (her birthday). We broke a LOT of beans on Sunday for canning...which is always exciting (fresh green beans...my FAVE)! HAPPY BIRTHDAY NANA! WE hope you had a great day/weekend...we sure did!
Happy Fathers Day to Ben (the best daddy [and husband] ever) and Happy Fathers Day to my dad and to YaYa (SERIOUSLY...hands down, best father-in-law EVER)! We are so blessed!

Trying to get a picture of NaNa and YaYa with the grandkids! I think this was the best picture of the group...unfortunately, Sam is picking his nose (nothing out of the norm for him though). We didn't get one at Christmas or Disney, so we were determined to get one of them this trip. Yes, we had to give Sam a ball to hold b/c he was flipping out when we took him away from his playing. I love how NaNa is looking at him here...so sweet!
Where's Sam? I just thought this one was funny...trying to get everyone to look and smile! How adorable is little Annabeth? So cute. She had her first little ear infection this weekend, so she didn't feel very well, but she was still an absolute angel! It's so fun to have a girl around!
It was a million degrees this weekend, so we spent a lot of time in the water. NaNa had put their slide into the pool...which created HOURS of entertainment for Sam. Jacob too.
Attempting to share our toys. The boys had so much fun!
Jacob was as long as the slide was, but he still had fun sliding and playing in the water. Sam just loved doing whatever Jacob did.


Ben cooling everyone off. Sam didn't so much like the water on his head, but Jacob did. Big THANKS to NaNa and YaYa because this slide (aka "WEEEE" according to Sam) is currently in our basement for Sam to play with. He had such a great time playing with it that they said for us to take it with us. We've been looking for some outdoor toys (since he wants to be outside all the time) so this is perfect. It was rainy yesterday afternoon so we put it down in the basement. We can move in outside when it isn't so hot....hopefully it will fit down into our pool. Thanks NaNa and YaYa! You guys are the best!
Jacob got to go for a ride in YaYa's car with the top down...BIG HIT! Had to snap a picture of that one.

Pretty sure we wore NaNa and YaYa out this weekend, but I'm pretty sure they had a great time with all the kids and grandkids home. THANKS SO MUCH for another great weekend...as always! We love you guys!

2 comments:

Angie said...

I love the fact that Sam's picking his nose in that picture. For some reason, I think it's so funny to capture those kinds of moments on camera. :) I have so many pics of Em that she'll hate me for some day!

Jillina said...

So sweet! Glad you guys had a great time!