Tuesday, March 10, 2009

We're Back!

All the Hazlewoods go to Disney - 2009!


We got back on Saturday evening from Disney World! We had the best time, but were so exhausted from the trip. It was wonderful spending time there with Ben's family. We laughed so much and so fun to spend that much time together! Jacob had an awesome time since he could ride almost all of the rides this time. He must have ridden Big Thunder Mtn Railroad 50 times. We would all go in shifts...so cute! He loved it...and pretty sure I did too!
It has been pretty rough since we've gotten back...Sam came down with the stomach virus Sunday and has been vomiting off and on for several days now...YUCK! I do not handle such things very well. Today seems to be the first day that he is feeling better. HE actually has eaten some bread and bananas. It is not fun having a hungry and thirsty little toddler and they cannot understand why they can't just eat everything in the house. Poor guy. He's sleeping again right now and hopefully he will continue to get better. Ben's mom and dad stopped by on the way back through on Sunday night...just in time for Sam to get sick. :( They were only going to stay one night, but ended up staying two! Thank goodness! They are the BEST! We couldn't make it without them!
So...here are the pictures! There are a lot so be prepared. Thanks to NaNa and YaYa...Rob and Anita for making such a fun trip! We had a blast...and can't wait til next year...maybe NOT at Disney, but somewhere! Don't get me wrong, we had a BLAST, but I don't know that I want to go back until Sam can ride all the rides. I think I am ready to lay on the beach for the next vacation! :)

Anita and I in front of the Big Thunder Railroad. Love her!
Sam loving on his NaNa and YaYa...so sweet!
Family shot in front of the castle!
Brothers, Rob and Ben and Jacob getting ready to ride Jacob's favorite ride.
Me and Anita
The whole family in front of the castle...this was a pretty yucky day since it was pretty cold and rainy. We enjoyed it b/c it wasn't as crowded (I don't do crowds very well...oh...and waiting...not very good at that either). :)
Riding the carousel with NaNa and mommy! Sam loved it!
Playing in the Winnie-the-Pooh play area with cousin Jacob. Sam needed a break from the stroller and needed to run around.
Playing in the honey pot!
Dinner at Ohana at the Polynesian! AWESOME! I like to refer to it as MEAT FEST 2009! They just brought out a ton of different meats...DELICIOUS...and oh so filling! This was a cool night b/c we could see the fireworks from the resort and it was a neat moment!
Rob, Anita, Jacob and Annabeth on the Aladdin ride. I thought this was really a cute picture...since they all had such great smiles on their faces!
Mei Mei and Mickey at Chef Mickeys (AWESOME)! Such a cute picture!Sam with Mickey...he wanted to touch his nose. He did love the characters. I was a bit worried about how he'd react to them, but he loved it.
We got to the park super early one morning (which is totally the way to go, by the way) so we'd have a chance to actually ride some of the rides (remember...Kate can't wait...plus my 18 month old can wait about 5 minutes without being in the stroller). So, the wait was about 10 minutes for Dumbo and we hopped in line of course. Oh but no...Sam was having nothing of it, so we jumped out of line and got in the stationary Dumbo for a photo op! Worked for me and Sam didn't know the difference.
Sam, Mei Mei and NaNa waiting while Rob, Anita and Jacob ride the teacups.
A rare picture of Ben and I...one of us is always taking the picture, so we never get one together. Here we are waiting in front of Big Thunder Railroad for the group. We spent a lot of time here since Jacob wanted to ride this ride a million times. We maximized our FastPasses/Stroller Swaps/etc (Rob had this figured out perfectly...I don't know if I still understand) and took turns riding it with him. He had so much fun...and SOOO did we!
Annabeth (Mei Mei) and Sam waiting while we were taking turns riding Space Mountain! Sam would just point and smile at her. So cute.
I do love this baby! She is so adorable! Such a good baby too...she just went everywhere we took her...with very little fussing! She was awesome! I love this age...they are so sweet!
Got a close up of Rob, NaNa, YaYa and Jacob (he's in the seat with Rob but you can't see his little head) on one of the Big Thunder Mtn rides! So fun!
YaYa took Sam on the Tomorrowland Speedway with him. It was so cute and I scoped out a spot and got a few really good pictures. I am sure YaYa was telling him all about Mustangs...and campers...and fixing up old cars! I am sure Sam was saying..."Ohhh Wow" and clapping for "More"!
Three generations of Hazlewood men! Three of my MOST favorite men! Ifinally found a Power "T" hat for Sam (YOUTH size...seriously) that fit his big head...he wore it for like 2 seconds, but at lest we got a picture.
Waiting in line with NaNa for the Bug show in Animal Kingdom. Sam was not a big fan of the Bug show, but liked walking to it for sure.
Hollywood and Vine breakfast buffet (definitely recommend this one). Here is Sam and Leo from Little Einsteins. So cute! They danced and sang songs...it was great!
Goliath (from JoJos Circus) and Sam. He loved looking at JoJo! Kept wanting to touch his nose.
PLaying in the "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" play area at Hollywood Studios. He could have stayed in there all day. It was great.
Sliding down the slide to daddy! LOVE the slide!
Daddy and Sam at Epcot in France!
Mommy and Sam...wishing we were in the real thing! :)
Ran across this sign in England (Epcot). Since my maiden name was Katherine Miller Harris...I thought this was awesome and had to get a picture!

4 comments:

The Benders said...

I have been waiting for the pictures! Thanks for updating :) I hate that you and Sam have been sick. Hopefully, the worst is behind you. I can't wait to catch up and hear all about the fun!

Glad you are back!

Angie said...

Great pictures! I love the one of Sam playing in the honey pot. Hope Sam is feeling back to his regular self VERY soon!

Jillina said...

LOVE your pictures and so glad you had such a great time. Hope you are all feeling better and ready for your next vaca - I'm hoping to catch up tomorrow unless of course you will be on the road again. I miss our chats!! Love you!

Leslie Ware said...

Glad you had a good time!