Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Savannah!

So...here are some pictures of mine and mom's quick trip down to Savannah. We had a great time. Walked a ton...and attempted to stroll Sam's stroller across the crazy cobblestone/stone/brick streets. My arms are definitely a bit stronger from that! We wanted to do one of the city trolley tours, but I knew (after Disney) that Sam would not sit still, so we opted for a cd from the visitor center...popped it in the car and did a driving tour of the city. It was perfect. Ben and I took a trip to Savannah several years ago and loved it. Such a charming city...and so beautiful. We stayed at the Hilton DeSoto...and it was great! Perfect location...right in the middle of the historic district...within walking distance onf EVERYTHING! They just renovated it and it was great...definitely recommend! Thanks to mom for such a fun trip! Mom and Sam at Factors Walk. I made mom pose a lot of this trip...sorry mom! :) This is with the menu at Lady&Sons! YUMMY!
Mom and her chicken pot pie. It was amazing...and looked quite amazing too. I partook in the buffet...which was awesome as well! By the way, the trip to Paula's is worth the whole trip to Savannah...so if you've never been...you MUST!
Here we are at Lady&Sons restaurant taking a picture with a Paula cut-out. Actually when we were taking this picture...Bobby Dean was standing in the doorway of the store. I didn't have the guts to go up and talk to him though. There was a bunch of people there...and I chickened out! Very fun though!
I absolutely loved this house. GORGEOUS! There are so many that look just like this (for those who haven't been)...just beautiful. This one was next to the Juliette Gordon Low house. Mom being a good ex-girl scout/leader went on a tour. Sam and I started on the tour but had to bail due to the screaming and sleepiness of our little toddler!
I never got a picture of Forsyth Park and the fountain there b/c Sam was asleep in the car...but they had already turned all the water in the fountains green prepping for the big St. Patricks Day fest! This is one of the smaller fountains, but you can see the green. So fun!
Mom and Sam sitting in one of the squares. This one was right near our hotel. It was nice b/c there was a little coffee shop and Pub right across the street from us.

2 comments:

Jillina said...

Love your pictures - ahh lady and sons as Ben says - worth the drive! :)

Cristie said...

looks like y'all had a great time, love al the pics. I have not been to Savannah in years, maybe Andrew & I can plan a trip soon. How long was the drive from the ATL?