Thursday, March 19, 2009

Happy Birthday YaYa...and some late-night unexpected visitors!

We are a day late on this one, but I had to send a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our YaYa...aka...Dad Hazlewood...aka Daddy Max! We were really sad not to be able to celebrate YaYa's birthday with him this year! Sam is so lucky to have such an amazing granddaddy...and I am so lucky to have such an amazing father-in-law. We are truly blessed! Thanks YaYa for all you do for us! We love you SOOOOO much...and miss you TONS!
This is one of my newest fave pictures of YaYa and Sam...riding the Speedway at DisneyWorld. Happy Birthday YaYa!

While we are talking about birthdays...I must send out a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my wonderful sister-in-law, Jenni! Today is her birthday and we are wishing her a very happy day!
Okay...so for our unexpected guests: my sister's family has been on spring break in Florida and started the long drive home yesterday. They had mentioned maybe stopping, but I wasn't sure. So last night I got a call from Sara and they were about 150 miles outside Atlanta and thought that they would stop and spend the night. I felt bad b/c we didn't have any other beds since mom was still here, but she said they were all okay with couches/floor/etc. So the Oliver clan rolled in around 2:15am. I had set out some pillows and blankets and such so hopefully they got a fairly good nights sleep. It was such a fun treat for Sam to get to see everyone this morning when he woke up. He played with the girls and had the best time. We cooked pancakes...and got to just visit which was great! Mom left today and Sara and them went on this afternoon as well, so everyone is now at home safe and sound. I feel that I can get back to normal a little bit too. Since mom has been here, I have felt like I was on vacation too. We had the BEST visit. We shopped, visited, shopped some more...and just got to spend some fun time together! I do love that mother of mine! So...anyway...we've had a great week and looking forward to the weekend. I am thinking about painting our bedroom this weekend. I just need a swatch of the Restoration Hardware "silver sage" color. Does anyone know this color? Beautiful...I love it and will be painting our bedroom this color. Oh...question for all of you designer-types! We have a trey ceiling that will needed to be painted over. I was thinking about doing a shade darker on it. Is that right? Or are you supposed to do a shade lighter? I know I have seen both on HGTV, but I am a bit perplexed...thoughts?

Kennedy, Grace and Emma at breakfast this morning. Kennedy fell in love with "Woody". We bought it for Sam at Disney World. Well, he is one of Kennedy's favorites and she freaked when she saw it...no good aunt could resist that sweet face...so guess who went home with Woody? Yep...Sam doesn't play with him yet and doesn't know the difference anyway. We told her that we'll share him until we make it back to Maryville! It made her day. Such a sweetie!
Kennedy and her "buddy", Sam. She loves him so much. SO SWEET! Sara called one day to tell me that Kennedy had slept with a picture of Sam. So cute!
Mom and all the kiddos! Emma is such a mother! She takes such good care of Sam...plays with him...doesn't let him get into stuff he shouldn't...she is so sweet to him. Not sure if she knew what she was getting into when she started pushing him around the house on "Mater", because Sam wouldn't let her leave his side. He had so much fun...and she was so sweet to play with him.

1 comment:

Jillina said...

So fun and so sweet! You have the prettiest little family!