Sunday, February 01, 2009

HAPPY FEBRUARY!

Can you believe that it is actually February? My mom was talking this morning about January being a gloomy month...(and it sure was), and sure enough, Feb 1st...sunshine and 60+ degrees in Atlanta! Nice! It may only last one day, but we sure enjoyed it!

On the occasion of the Super Bowl tonight, I decided that Sam should sport his little football vest (from Cousin Tracy) to church this morning. We were playing once we got home and I couldn't help but notice how much of a big boy he was, so of course, I took some pictures to share. It was such a beautiful day here today. Sam and Ben went and played outside for a while. He must have worn him out b/c his nap this afternoon was almost 3 hours...YES! We stayed in to watch the Super Bowl tonight...which was fine by us. Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Sam pushing (racing actually) Mater from one side of the room to the other. I think he may break some sort of toddler speed record! Now it seems that every toy now magically has wheels and feels he needs to push it across the floor. This is all fun until we fall on our face (not cool). Lots of these "magic" toys are taken away when we do such things. :)
This is Sam's..."I shouldn't be in this bag" face..."but maybe she won't notice". He always looks at us when he is into something he shouldn't be. Too funny.
Playing with my tools so I can be like YaYa one day!
When you throw balls at mommy's face (while standing 2 feet in front of her)...mommy takes them away! Pitiful huh...mean old mommy! Sorry! :)
Playing outside with daddy. Of course, the first thing he picks up is a stick. Such a boy!
Such a big boy here!
Daddy is trying to teach me to throw left handed, but it isn't exactly working out so well! Sorry daddy!
Swinging!
I'm a big boy and I can do it myself.
Oh, and as promised, I wanted to put up a picture of our new kitchen table. Now that it is in that room, it looks huge. It has the leaf in it, so it looks even bigger. We'll see though. I think I just have to get used to it. Plus, it is countertop height, so it is higher than a normal table...so that will take some time as well to get used to it. They actually delivered the wrong chairs at first, but we didn't notice b/c they were the chairs for another table exactly like this one that we looked at. They called today and switched back the right chairs, so here it is. Finally. The chair covers look white (don't worry, we're not that crazy). They are a camel color of sorts. Ben wanted the black leather seat covers (easier to clean), but we liked this table better and these are the chairs that came with...so I guess I can recover them in the future once the little toddler hands get all over them. :) It is nice to have somewhere to sit down and spread out though. I like it.

5 comments:

Jillina said...

LOVE the new table! Beautiful I think I prob need to come see it in person though :). Sam does look like such a toddler and not so much like a baby - it's bittersweet isn't it?

Becky said...

Beautiful new table and Sam DOES look like such a big boy in those pictures! What a cutie!

chris anne said...

love the pictures. andrew does the drama king face as well when something gets taken away, and campbell and i are STILL working on warning people before we throw things. and the table is beautiful. and you won't regret having a huge kitchen table. ours is really big and i LOVE it!!

Anonymous said...

Hey- I love the table. It looks great there. Kiss my buddy. He is getting so big. You make sure he knows his Sa Sa. Love to all!!

Benji40 said...

Hi cuz, my wife saw some pictures on this blog and said they look like family. Sue and Stephanie never change. My mom is Vara's daughter. Say hi to Hugh, he and Spence made the best sausage.