My mom (Mops) came down over the weekend. We originally had planned on going to Nashville, but mom had Monday off and we would have gotten to spend much more time with her if she came down here. We had a wonderful weekend. I don't care how old I get...it always just feels good to have your mama home! Mom and Ben took Sam down to the World of Coke Saturday afternoon while I drove up to Dalton (more on that in a minute). They had a great time and they said that Sam loved it. This is good news for our upcoming Disney trip! Sunday, mom came to our new church and then she and I went to paint pottery. I have made these Christmas ornaments for her over the years with each family members name on them, etc, but never did one for me, Ben, Sam, and new baby Meg. I find it quite relaxing to paint pottery...always a fun trip. Sunday night, mom watched Sam while Ben and I went to my favorite restaurant in all the world...Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. We had an amazing meal and dessert! It was funny, b/c our steaks were delivered to another table so it took a LONG time to finally get our meal (which never happens there), but we did NOT care one bit. They did comp our desserts/coffee, so that was nice. Normally, this would really get on my nerves, but we knew Sam was perfectly fine with mom and we actually enjoyed the extra time together. It was awesome! We hadn't gone out by ourselves since November. Sad I know! Thanks to Mops for a great weekend! She left on Monday and Sam and I were very sad, but are VERY excited about spending a few days down in Savannah over mom's spring break! YEAH!
On a more serious note, Saturday I headed to Dalton GA to attend the visitation services for one of my dear college friends, Bethany's dad! He passed away last week of a mass heart attack. Our hearts absolutely broke for our sweet friend who was very close to her dad! There were TONS of people that showed up and we heard that the funeral was equally as packed. What an awesome celebration of this man's incredible life and his amazing family. Please pray for my sweet friend, Bethany and her family! I love you Bethany!
This whole week I have especially been thankful for my friends! When we were in college, we were lucky enough to have found each other and I am so grateful for each of them since we are all still very close. Still...no matter what, these girls will drop anything and be right by your side when we need each other. No matter how long its been since we've seen each other, we just pick right back up where we left off. I love it and I love each of them! God has truly blessed us with such amazing friendships! Getting excited for our Girls Weekend in May where we will leave the husbands and kids behind and spend the weekend just the girls! Can't wait!
3 comments:
Sam is one handsome little man with that new do! :) I couldn't agree with you more - there is nothing better than a visit with your mama and a get together with old friends!
Wow, that picture is a blast from the past! I had forgotten about those shirts. We definitely have a WONDERFUL group of friends!
I love his haircut and I'm glad you all had such a good time with Mops.
Post a Comment