Monday, November 12, 2007

Peppermint Mochas and Holiday Cheer!

Yes...I realize that this may seem like a post for a little closer to Christmas, but in my world (wherever that may be) I like to start celebrating early!
AND...I know that the Holiday season is officially upon us because I went to Starbucks the other night and there were SPRINKLES on my peppermint mocha. I get this same drink all throughout the year and no sprinkles excpet for Christmas time...so it is official. Sprinkles = Holidays = it's ok to listen to Christmas music! :)
So here is my confession...Ben thinks I am a bit crazy, but he has gotten used to my craziness by now...right now there are 4 (I think) Christmas cds in my car cd player. For some reason it helps to relax me and get very excited about the holiday season coming up. I think I start listening to the music earlier every year...but this year once November hit, it was on! I know some of you think it is crazy...but I know there are some out there right there with me! The holidays always go by so fast that you must enjoy it while you can.
Here are a few of the cds I am listening to right now:

Love Bebo...have loved him since high school young life camp when he used to perform. He is amazing!

James Taylor...what more can you say!


I am obsessed with buying WOW cds...I have a ton of them and this Christmas one is fabulous...I love compilation cds...and this one is really good!

The othere cd in there is one I bought from Victoria Secret a few years back. I decided not to put the cd cover picture on here since it is one of the models in her underwear and a santa hat! :) It is a really great cd though.

PICTURE OF THE DAY!

This is what Sam is doing right now...sleeping! I just took this picture...so sweet! Love this little guy! He is amazing! He had a fun night last night and stayed with his Nana and Yaya so mommy and daddy could go to a movie. Ben's been working late this last week so it was so nice to hang out together. Thanks NaNa and YaYa!

By the way...we saw "3:10 to Yuma"...and I learned that westerns DO NOT have happy endings. Good movie, but sad ending! Bummer!

6 comments:

Ryan and Michelle said...

Braden sleeps with his arms like that too! He is so sweet. Glad you had a date night. It's good to spend some alone time together!

chris anne said...

you're so funny kate. no matter how long it's been since i've seen you, peppermint mochas always make me think of you! cute picture of baby sam. hope you guys are doing well. maybe if you're in town for any of the holidays we can get together and i can see that sweet little boy.

Anonymous said...

I think the year-round-Christmas obsession is hardwired into the Harris DNA (actually, Hickerson DNA since y'all get it from your mom). Mar'a wants her Christmas movies year round. We'll see about Liam (he's still obsessed with Cars). Sam is soooo cute. Can't wait for Thanksgiving!!

Jillina said...

This is why we are friends, we can enjoy our Christmas music early together!

Anonymous said...

Sam is too cute..he is getting so big already. We have GOT to schedule a time to get together! I love the holidays too..I wish I could leave up the tree and decorations for months..they just make the house seem so cozy :)

Whitney said...

By the way...Pep Mocha's are my absolute FAVE!!!