We had a big day today...went to Sam's preschool (or at least what we think his preschool will be). I have to go back to work after the first of the year and I am having issues with leaving Sam. I know he will be fine...but that doesn't make it any easier for me. I always thought I'd stay at home, but right now with us needing a bigger house (ok so we don't need one, but really want more space and in the city school system), etc...it is necessary for me to...plus we don't pay any premiums for insurance where I work which is HUGE! There are millions of working mommies out there and I know he will be fine. I am also surrounded by a lot of working moms in my life so I know I have lots of support. Anywho...the place I was going to take him (where we've been on the waiting list for like 5 months...ugh...and right next to work) just couldn't guarantee me that they would have a space for him. And as hard as this is for me already...I MUST know where he is going. I can't play the MAYBE game. So...I found this brand new place that is a Christian school too and I LOVED it. It is a little further, but so worth it! So...today I went to meet the teachers and tour the school. It is so nice and clean and I got a really good feeling about the place. Ben and I are going back next week so he can see it too. I will be sending Sam over the next few weeks a few hours at a time. This will help him and especially me get used to it. That way it won't be such a shock when I have to go back. Anywho...we will be fine...it is just hard to imagine someone else taking care of him during the day. Please pray for me and my sanity! And for Ben...so I don't drive him crazy about it. Any working mommies out there with any advice on how to cope? :)
I had to post this picture. This is how Sam sleeps when he is in his swing. His head literally makes a 90 degree angle! I pick it up and put it back so it's straight up and it still ends up the way. This was right after he woke up. He can't pick it back up himself yet, so it makes him really mad once he wakes up. Like Ben's mom says...they are made like rubber so if it bothered him I guess he wouldn't do it, right? I guess if he has neck problems later in life we know why. :)
5 comments:
Good luck Kate. I am going back part time next week...2 days a week right now until he gets a little older (he is just 8 weeks)! I am not looking forward to it either. I am sure it will be harder on us than them!!
i'm glad you found a place that makes you feel good. that's really important. i hope the transition goes smoothly!
Good luck! I also work with lots of working mommies and I know you can do it! Sam will have so much fun in school :)
I reading a friend's blog and then followed a link to your blog ..... anyways, I felt like I needed to comment. I don't know you, but the most important thing is not whether you choose to work or whether you choose to stay at home. The most important thing is that you love God, your spouse and your children. If you are happy working, then your children will be happy. If you are doing what is best for your family, your children will be happy. Also, if you are miserable about it, then your children will reflect that as well.
I have been a working mom and a stay-at-home mom. Neither is easy. My advice is to do what you and your husband feel is best for the family. Your children will love you no matter what. They will reflect your attitude towards your working or staying at home.
Also, the idea of going back to work is much more difficult than actually going back to work. Cry, whine, complain (whatever you need to do to deal with it) the week before it happens. Once it all happens, it will be an easier transition. Good luck, and pray about it.
Great idea about the transition to day care! I'm sure it is wonderful! I love Sam's face in the first picture - it kinda reminds me of you - you def have the same eyes. Hang in there, I love you.
Post a Comment