Ben and I walked in to Christa's house and SURPRISE...a baby shower for us! I had NOOOOO idea...not even the slightest! They had everything decorated so beautifully and made a huge meal that was fantastic...not to mention a cake from MagPies (for those of you Knoxville natives...you know how delicious those are). I was glad that wasn't a day to be checking my sugar levels. Then of course they showered us with too many presents! This child will be one spoiled little boy...but that is okay b/c it is so fun to do!
Christa's husband was taking pictures so once I get those, I will post some pictures. In the meantime I posted a few that I took once we got home of some of the fabulous decor! Thank you ladies for such a fun evening. I was completely blown away...and feel so very lucky and thankful to call you all my friends!
Work this week has been crazy. My supervisor and I are conducting a billion (ok not a billion, but A LOT...and all day) training classes all week, so I am a bit worn out being on my feet so much (no major swelling happening though so that is good). It is making the days go by quickly and taking my mind off of how uncomfortable and HOT I am with this ever-growing belly!
Had a great visit with my bestest friend, Jillina last week. She left William at home with his daddy and made the treck east for a visit. We had the best time...and she filled me in on SOOOOO many things that no one else tells you about giving birth and other things that go along with that. Thank you for coming, Jillina...I can't wait for William and Sam to meet!
Will go back to the doctor next Friday for the big 36 week appointment...I think they will do another ultrasound and we can see how much they guesstimate Sam will be at delivery. Do I even want to know? Nonetheless...everything is going well thus far and I really do feel good. I have been so lucky. My back hurts a lot and I just CANNOT get comfortable, but really overall...doing very well. I just need to relax and take it easy from here on out though.
Sam's room is pretty much completed...I have loaded it up again with gifts from our little surprise shower this weekend, but I will post some pictures once we get it all organized again. I have washed all of his little clothes now and need to pack his bag for the hospital (don't worry Jillina...I am working on it). We have another shower on Friday at my work...how lucky are we to have such great people that want to do such things for us? It is just too wonderful for words! We are so blessed! Hope everyone has a great week.
7 comments:
I am so glad things are going well for you. My back hurts too! I told my doctor that yesterday and he said this prepares you for carryting around a heavy 9 month old baby in a car seat! Hope you continue to feel pretty good!!
You are SO CLOSE to being a mommy!!! I can't believe you're already to your 36 week appt...I know you can believe it, but it's flown by for me! :-) Those were very crafty presents...your friends must be creative like you.
Soo glad the bag is getting packed! :) I love how all your friends try to make you a diaper cake. The pressure!!
The nursery looks sooo good. You should post pictures so everyone can see how perfect it is. I can not wait for little Sam to get here!!
I am so excited for you--I want to come visit....
A surprise shower! How fun!! You are so close to having Baby Sam I can NOT believe it!!! My back is killing me already... isn't it just aweful? We have one of those back massaging chairs that I can not wait to jump into whenever I get home from work! ugh! PLEASE post pics of the nursery!!!! I SO want to see it!! Love and miss you!!!
glad that you are so blessed. it sure is nice, isn't it. good luck in these last few weeks. enjoy them.
I love showers! Glad you had fun at yours. It is so nice to have someone, like Jillina, tell you about childbirth. I realized there is LOTS people just don't talk about. Get yourself prepared! :) Can't wait to see pictures of Sam.
Post a Comment