Sunday, August 05, 2007

Showers...Showers...Showers!

Here are all of my work friends at the shower!

Last week was such a crazy week at work that I was completely worn out...my fabulous co-workers gave me an unbelievable shower on Friday which made my week. It was so nice...we had a pot luck lunch with great food and desserts (I only had a little bite of each...very sad for someone with the gestational diabetes not to be able to partake) and oh my goodness...lots of treats for Sam :) This baby will want for nothing that is for sure. I think he has everything that he needs (and lots of extra FUN stuff) so that is very exciting. Now we just wait for him to make his appearance...officially 4 weeks from tomorrow!
Just wanted to share some pictures from the oh-so-fun shower! I really never expected all of these showers. I know I have been apart of many many many showers, but I guess I never expected all of this for me. I am quite humbled to know that people want to do such things for us and make us feel so good and loved! I love to make a fuss over people but just never thought about it the other way around... I know that sounds silly, but it has really made me feel so thankful for all of our friends and family...I love you all! I can't wait for Sam to get here so he can meet all of these people that have showered him and his mom and dad with such LOVE!

Buffy made a fantastic diaper cake...beautiful!
These were so cute...Mara had made these little pacifiers from life savers. SO CUTE! A great idea for future baby showers...so you all might see these again sometime.
Some of the Compensation & Benefits gals...Sherry (she just retired and came back for the shower), Kasi (my boss), Buffy and Meredith (my lunch buddies)! THANK YOU ALL!


2 comments:

Becky said...

You lucky girl!! Mr. Sam is set, huh? :) Hope you're feeling good still!! You're at the countdown now!!!

chris anne said...

that is so great. i'm glad you are being so blessed. what's the update on the timeline? are they going to let you go the whole time? i know you are getting so excited!!