Today was an interesting day. We had a doctor's appointment today and I took the whole day off of work. It was nice to just get up when I wanted to and take my time running errands.
So Ben and I head to UT for the appointment. I had an ultrasound and had to do a non-stress test (basically they just hook you up to the monitors for about 20 minutes to monitor the baby...unless you have a technician that forgets about you like ours...you would be there for 40 minutes). That wasn't a big deal because we got to hear Sam's little heart just beating away which was fun. However, once they do the ultrasound and get all of the measurements...they give you an estimated baby weight...well guess how much the baby inside me weighs right now...7lbs 12oz. That puts him in the 93rd percentile! Are you kidding me? My due date isn't until Labor Day...so I am a little nervous about how large he is going to be...oh...and is head is big to top it all off! :) I realize that sometimes these numbers could be off, but the doctor said they were usually fairly accurate. On the bright side...everything else looks really good with Sam and he is doing really well...just a bit on the bigger side. Maybe that just means he is SUPER healthy!
I know it is all going to be okay, but I can't help but be a bit nervous about the whole thing. WOW! So hopefully we won't make it all the way to Labor Day, but that Sam will make his appearance much sooner (assuming his little lungs are fully developed and everything is okay).. .all I really care about is him getting here healthy. So there is our little update on the final countdown to baby Sam! We can't wait to meet him...the anticipation of it all is crazy though! Hope everyone has a great weekend and stay out of the HEAT!
9 comments:
Oh Katers!!! You know what though... you will be totally fine! And my guess is he will be arriving sooner rather than later! I told Nate I want a big ole' baby, because they are so much more fragile when they are so tiny! He sounds like he's a healthy little angel!! Can't wait to see him!!!! Hang in there!!
bless your heart. but remember, my sister gave birth to a 9 pounder, and didn't have to have a c-section or anything. you can do it! we'll definitely keep you and baby sam in our prayers these next few weeks. keep us updated and try to stay busy--it's the only thing that can pass the time.
Brad always jokes that his head is bigger than normal, so I'm petrified that our baby is going to follow suite!! Ouch!!!
I can't believe how close you are. I don't see how you're making it in all this heat! Way to go, Kate!
I've been thinking lots about you the last couple of weeks. I am so sorry that it is so hot right now! I know you are worried about Sam being a 10 pounder, but I'm just praying that he is a healthy big baby! Love you!
How exciting to be so close! I hear the good news on big babies is taht they sleep better! It will be worth it! I know you can do it!!!! Can't wait to see baby sam in your arms!!!! LOVE YOU and I pray for you EVERY day!
Oh my! Like you said, at least he is healthy! I will be thinking/praying for you in the upcoming weeks. Can't wait to meet Sam!
Everything will be fine! They thought Will was HUGE, even had me consider an elective c-section. I did not have to have a c-section and he was only 8 lbs 1 oz! To some people that might be big, but I thought it was a pretty healthy weight! Good luck!
You got this!! Really you will be fine. I know it's soo scary and people love to tell their woe is me stories but really you will make it. Love you.
only 15 days away! do you think baby sam will come this week!?
Post a Comment