I have loved all of the attention that you get when you are pregnant. It is so nice to have everyone always asking how you are doing and feeling and making sure everything is okay and willing to do anything to make you feel better. However, for some reason in the last week or so I think I have officially hit the "I am over this stage". I have loved being pregnant and I feel like I have had a great one...no problems...very little weight gain (my child is taking up 8 of the 14 lbs I have gained)...a great experience overall. However, when you are huge and uncomfortable...and it is 100 degrees outside...it is hard to be glowing these days! I have felt bad about feeling this way lately b/c I am so grateful and thankful for having a healthy pregnancy...is this normal or am I going crazy?
It seems that every person that I see seems to ask me the same 4 questions...so I have decided that someone needs to come out with a new line of t-shirts for pregnant women in their last trimester...they would be personalized for each woman. It would answer these four questions that I get at least a hundred times a day. Seriously...it is funny actually. I can't get mad about it b/c people are just being nice...you have to just have a sense of humor about the whole thing. So here goes...let me know what you think? Here are the questions and below is my tshirt design. :)
1. When are you due?
2. Is it a boy or girl?
3. Is this your first?
4. Boy, you must be absolutely dying in this heat!
Here is an example...should I give up my career in HR now? I am kidding...it is too fun not to share as I am sure some of you have had a similar experience :)
Speaking of being pregnant...I think I might be this way forever. Went to the doctor yesterday for my 38 week appointment and guess what...absolutely NOTHING! Baby Sam is just happy and content right where he is. No dilating...no nothing. So we will have to wait another week to see. I think he is stubborn like his mommy! :) Hopefully when I go back next Tuesday we will find something out...they won't let me go past my due date, so maybe we can "set a date". Will have one more ultrasound to find out how big this baby is...I am a little scared to even know. I figure I can't be pregnant forever and we are so close...I just want to meet this little boy! I keep telling him how much more room he will have out here, how many toys he has to play with and how many people can't wait to meet him...it has to be better than where he is now! :)
On a different note - I have to send a major shout out to my fabulous husband and his fabulous dad on their building skills! With two large SUVs to fit in our garage, we need an outdoor building to fit all of Ben's "manly" stuff in, so he and his dad have come up with a plan to build a building rather than buying one at our local Lowes (which was my suggestion). It is scary when the two of them get together to build things. They tend to build things on a very LARGE scale...see below our deck build from last summer (it almost tripled its size). They always come out fantastic...and I know the new "building" will be amazing too and SOOO big. I don't know if we can even call it a building...it is more like a small house. Dad Hazlewood comes over during the days in this crazy heat to work on it. He is SOOO good! We love him so!
Here is a early picture of the "building"...it will even have a loft. What is it with men and their buildings? It is quite cute though how excited he is about it...I know Ben will love it and we will have so much room in the garage afterwards. Stay tuned for more update pictures as the building progresses!
For more of the Hazlewood men's handy carpentry...here is a semi-before picture of our old deck...it only went to the end of the house
Here is an after picture once they finished...it is so nice now to have so much room. We have actually put one of those screened in gazebo things on the far end now...to satisfy my screened-in porch obsession. I do love my Hazlewood men! They are so good! Sam will have so much to learn from his daddy and granddaddy!
8 comments:
I always worry about being annoying when I talk to a pregnant woman, is it better to just act as if one cannot see the pregnant belly? Please help!
No...always ask about it...it is fun to talk about the baby and share stories about your pregnancy. Don't think you are annoying ever. For me...it has just been this last week or so and getting no news of any action happening at the doc hasn't helped. You can't not talk about the big belly...it is the elephant in the room...literally! :) Heehee! Don't be discouraged by the overheated and almost overdue prego woman...I am convinced that for me it has been awesome to be pregnant...until about the last 2-3 weeks of it and in August! :) Love you!
God bless you. really. I am sweating to death down here in Nashville, so I cannot imagine what you feel like. I've been thinking about you lots and I know you are ready--just enjoy the last few days (as much as you can). Love you!
ok, first of all, you are so not crazy, no one is happy at 38 weeks, no matter what month it is. and yes, the shirt idea is hillarious--i'd get one! good luck in these last couple of weeks. hang out with ben and relax as much as you can. we'll be thinking of you. keep us posted on when little sam will be making his appearance. you'll be in our prayers.
The t-shirt is great! I am guessing that there are lots of 9-monthers out there who would pay for a shirt like that. I mean, with a baby in there, you're already out of breath, so it's really hard to answer all those questions! :-)
Kate, you've got something there with the t-shirt idea!! I know plenty of stores that would sell that! You should totally do it. You're so creative:)
Praying for you during these last couple of weeks!
OH PLEASE be the inventor of those T-Shirts! I will buy one from you! I get asked the EXACT same questions! How funny is that! Way to go Ben and Dad on the "mini house" :) Nate is the exact same way with his dad, and I am so thankful for it! Never a dull moment! Hang in there... you will have little Sam in your arms before you know it! Love you!!!
Send Ben my way - I have plenty o projects that need some work :)
Post a Comment