Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Fun Pictures

I thought that if I didn't have everything ready and/or packed that might mean Sam will come (since I wouldn't be prepared), but I felt compelled this evening to put the car seat in the car (at least I can feel like it will be any day now). I also took some pictures of the nursery. It still have a bit to go in there...mainly just organizing everything since I don't know exactly what all I will use/need/etc. I am "pile managing" at this point.
Anywho...just thought I would post some fun pictures of how our house has turned into BABY-SAM-LAND! He isn't even here yet and there is baby stuff everywhere...we are in so much trouble. :)
I still haven't packed mine and Ben's bags yet...anyone have any tips on good things to pack for the hospital? I am nervous that I will have 14 bags to bring with us so I am going to try (TRY) to scale down from my usual compulsive over-packing. Have a great day!

Sam's Room so far


Close up of crib and bedding...those little bows are hard to tie for sure (especially when you are a bit "particular" and they all have to face the same way)

Jillina's cousin-in-law, Ashley painted this for us...it will eventually have a picture in the middle once Sam arrives.


Very comfy chair and armoire...it is actually full of baby stuff...unbelievable how many treats we have accumulated. Sam's little bag is ready to go too.


You can never have too many things and places that state your name...I know...I am crazy! But this boy will definitely know what his name is.

Ben's former boss' wife knitted this little sweater and hat for Sam...it is so adorable. I love it.

I know he won't be using this high chair for a while, but it was fun to put it all together and set it in the kitchen...plus we had to get rid of the gigantic box that it was in...

Sam's little car seat is ready to go (a BIG thanks to Mom and Dad Hazlewood for buying Sam's travel system)...I am excited to drive around with it in the car...I know I am such a dork! :)

7 comments:

Angie said...

Oh, it's all so real now! You're just days away! I'll be thinking of you and can't wait to hear the news that little Sam has arrived!

chris anne said...

you're not a dork at all. everyone does that. david put campbell's car seat in ages before he got here. then we got a new car and he put it in there. enjoy having the time to do all this. i hope you are feeling well. i think of you all the time, especially with all this heat. take care of you and we can't wait to see baby sam.

Leslie Ware said...

Sooooo cute. I love it all and I miss you!

Becky said...

Oh Kate! It is so perfect! Love it! Love it! Love it! Don't worry... Grace is getting the letters on the wall as well! I'm having Nate's brother paint designs on them first, so I am right there with you! Hey, it's cute AND it helps them learn their name! ha! I'm sure your mom the teacher is proud!

AJnChattown said...

All of his little stuff is so cute. You have made it to the final countdown. congratulations to you. you will further be known as mother kater as opposed to previous vulgar names given in college.....i don't know anything about those.

Jillina said...

The table looks great in there! It was so fun seeing you last night to bad our visit didn't put you in labor :)

Anonymous said...

I love his room! We have the same high chair and it is great! Alex loves turning to look at the tie on it over his right shoulder so it is orange from his little fingers:) Tips for the bag-Don't stress-I did and John told me it wasn't a big deal and it wasn't. I promise! of course all of your toiletries which can't usually go in until right before time to go. Also some comfy clothes. I stayed in scrubs or pajama pants. Mom got me some nursing pj's. The shirts were great! I wasn't as skinny right afterwards as I thought I would be. I took a cute pair of pregnancy jeans and a comfy shirt. NOT MATERNITY! I refused! I was induced so I took my knitting for the night before and time before the contractions hit. Also, my chapstick and some fun socks that went all the way up to my knees. I didn't think John, nurse, or dr. wanted to be touching my bare legs even if they were shaved. :) Hope this helps!