I spent this past weekend in New Orleans for the wedding of a friend of mine from high school, Erin! Erin lives in NYC so I haven't seen her in a long time, but it was so fun being there for her wedding weekend! It was SOOOO MUCH FUN! Several of my high school girlfriends went down and we made a Girls Weekend out of it. SO FUN...did I mention that?
I flew down early early Friday morning and once I got there, Mandy, Bridgette and I hit the ground running. First stop...Cafe Du Monde.
I've been to A LOT of weddings and I must say this one is now at the top of the list. Both of their families were so amazing and welcoming to all of us. They were so fun. Probably my favorite part was the Baraat before the Indian wedding ceremony Saturday morning. OH MY GOODNESS! If you have never experienced a Baraat...I pray that someday you will. It is AMAZING! Such a joyful celebration! You'll see pictures below (and a video if I can get it uploaded). The Baraat is the processon of the groom to the wedding ceremony (hope I got that right). Basically it's a big, amazing party in the street on the way to the ceremony. Everyone is dressed in their GORGEOUS, colorful saris...so beautiful! They dance, play drums, clap hands and celebrate! Sanjeev (Erin's husband) rode on a horse as well...and everyone just danced around him. We were just fascinated by the whole thing. I had never seen anything like it and loved every second. What a joyful day...everyone was happy...even the random people walking by. They all stopped to watch and even got into it too. There was police there too to direct the traffic away. LOVED it! I'm convinced every wedding should begin by dancing and singing in the streets!
Anywho...we really enjoyed that and really enjoyed Sanjeev's family. I am so thankful that we got to experience that with them.
Please enjoy the pictures...and thanks to Mandy and Angela since a lot of these are theirs.
Anywho...we really enjoyed that and really enjoyed Sanjeev's family. I am so thankful that we got to experience that with them.
Please enjoy the pictures...and thanks to Mandy and Angela since a lot of these are theirs.
Beignets and coffee at Cafe du Monde...YUM!
Bridgette, Mandy and me
YEAH! We found Angela on Royal St!
We spent several hours at Pat O'Briens. So fun!
Being silly! Bridgette, Mandy, Kate and Missy
Friday night we met up with everyone at Twist at the Lafayette Hotel. You can't tell in this picture but Erin (middle) has bride and groom beads on...they were so cute!
Not sure why this one is so tiny, but this is us before the Baraat Saturday morning. Melissa joined us as well! So fun to spend time with these ladies again...it had been too long, but it still seems like no time has gone by! I love that!
Here we are after the wedding ceremony. Angela was Erin's Matron of Honor and got to wear this gorgeous sari! Everyone looked so pretty in their saris. The colors...the jewels...gorgeous!
There are NO WORDS as to how beautiful Erin looked that morning. So pretty!
Sanjeev all decked out on the horse...SO FUN!
Roomies...Mandy, Kate and Bridgette
Ooops...this one is out of order, but this was the day before at Pat O'Briens. Here's Mandy and Bridgette.
Baraat
Before the wedding...we went up the Erin's room where Erin and all her pretty bridesmaids were getting ready for a glass of champagne.
GORGEOUS
This church was SO BEAUTIFUL! Holy Name of Jesus Church on Loyola's campus. Breathtaking!
Walking down the aisle! So pretty!
Reception at Gallier Hall. So fun!
Kate, Bridgette, Mandy, Missy and Melissa waiting to go into dining room. The reception was great. Lots of great Cajun food...YUM (little spicy, but YUM)! :)
Out of order again, but I loved the light in this one. Perfect! Erin was such a beautiful bride! That dress...that train...that church...LOVE!
Bride and Groom...Mr and Mrs Mehta!
LOVED this. I missed it because I was inside, but they paraded around the hall and then out to the getaway car! They sure do know how to throw a party down there in New Orleans! Such a fun atmosphere!
CONGRATULATIONS Erin and Sanjeev! Such a wonderful weekend! I know they are enjoying their honeymoon in Bora Bora right now! :)






















2 comments:
Every time I say/read the name of the church I think of Carla. She said it sounded like a cuss word...Holy Name of Jesus (say it in your best southern accent). What a fun weekend! LOVE YOU!
WOW such amazing pictures! What a wedding! So glad yall had a great time! Everyone looks so pretty!
Post a Comment