Monday, October 24, 2011

Jack's 1st Haricut

I had Sam's haircut when he was 12 months old...Jack made it much longer. While Ben was off work a few weeks ago, we both took Jack to get his haircut. Daddy never gets to do this fun stuff with us b/c he's at work when we do these things, so he was excited to go. We dropped Sam at school and the 3 of us went to breakfast at Cracker Barrel and then to the kiddie haircut place. I must say...we had a BLAST. It was so different just having Jack with us. I feel like when all of us are together...Ben and I are always trying to entertain Sam and Jack takes a bit of a back seat, so this was SUCH A TREAT for him AND for us. He loved having all of mommy AND daddy's attention. He just sat there...and was so good through breakfast.
When we got to the haircutting place I was a bit nervous. For those that know us well...you know that I NO LONGER take Sam to get his done (Ben does his at home with the clippers). Taking him to get his hair cut...well, let's just say it is pretty TRAUMATIC for everyone involved, so I just don't anymore. Not sure how Jack would do...we did it anyway. His hair is SO SWEET with those precious curls. I loved it but it was just getting out of control! And I like a little cleaned-cut little boy! :)
It was hard to let them cut those curls, but we did...and he looks so big!
We sat jack right on the chair and he just sat there...no crying...no nothing. He was mesmerized by Elmo on the tv, so that helped too. I was so excited that he did so well. So proud of my big boy!
We documented the event, of course.
BEFORE - this was actually a "tame" curl day...usually it is crazy.  We could hardly even brush it.  It was time.  Luckily...there are still some curls there! 
Sitting in the chair like a BIG BOY! 
And my big boy AFTER!  So sweet!  Love him so much! 

2 comments:

Angela said...

I am laughing because Nathan had his first haircut at 7 months bc he had a mullet. And it is COMPLETELY traumatic every time I have to take him. I dread it so much! I'm going to have to find out how Shane can do it at home because that sounds way better. He looks like such a big boy now!

Angela said...

And I am talking about Jack when I said he looks like a big boy :)