It's no secret that I've kind of loathed our dining table since Ben and I first married and we combined furniture. Let me first say that I had VERY little (okay nothing) to offer our marriage in the furniture department, so the fact that we had this HUGE table was awesome. Its just not very pretty. Ben got it from a friend...for free I think. Despite the looks of it...it is actually really big (2 leaves) which has really come in handy for parties, holidays, thanksgivings. I've always just covered it with tablecloths. Since buying new dining furniture is not in the budget now (way too many things above it on the "we want/need" list), so I thought...why not paint the thing? So I did...and I think it looks pretty good.
Ben took the boys to his parents house so I could fill the house up with some crazy paint fumes, polyeurethane, etc...it was awesome. Thanks Daddy...and NaNa and YaYa! I got the whole table, chairs and china cabinet done.
The china cabinet was my mom's and she gave it to me when we built our first house many years ago. I love that cabinet b/c it has sentimental value to me, so I am so glad that I was able to paint and jazz it up a bit. I was nervous about asking my mom if I could paint it...so when I did...she laughed and went on to tell me how many colors/stains that thing has already been. So funny.
NICE....
After...very fun.
Chairs. Mom Hazlewood had recovered these when Ben first got them, I think. I like the fabric, but just didn't go with the black and I wanted a print (I am soooo not a "print" gal, so this was big). If only I could figure out how to take the 70s lattice out of them. Anyone ever done that?
Spray-painted these...and a little of the driveway...oops.
Chairs after...much better. The lattice even looks cool now that it's black.
Overall...it turned out to be a pretty fun project...and pretty easy. Just a little time. Now...I look around and think..."what can I paint next"?





2 comments:
Looks great! Your productivity amazes me!
Love the black! And I do love that china cabinet! Very different than the traditional china cabinet/hutch. Can't wait to see you Friday!
Post a Comment