I organized an event last weekend for our Sunday School class. Our class is great because we have SO many young families. It seems like all our kids are the same exact age. There are also many schools represented in our church (the whole SEC for sure) and everyone is big college football fans...so what's more appropriate than a Tailgating Party?! We actually had a great turnout. I'm always nervous when planning things with people not able to come at the last minute, etc, but it turned out just fine. Actually having a smaller group than expected was great...so we all were able to really visit and get to know each other better.
We didn't have a specific game to watch...so we just hung out and ate yummy food everyone brought to share. We did it around lunch so all the guys could get home for their games! :) We did it at the church too, so we'd have tons of room for the kids to play. It was great! Everyone wore their team colors (I must say...TENNESSEE was VERY WELL represented)...it was fun and an UNBELIEVABLY beautiful day!
Hoping to make this an annual event (I LOVE starting a tradition)...so looking forward to next year.
Leanne and Jackson! Represent guys! GO VOLS!
I think someone counted and we had 11 boys there...and 2 girls. The boys just ran all over the place. It was great. They don't need much more than a wide open field!
The dads playing football with the boys. The guys were telling us a funny story about Ben punting the ball...and he fell...well after looking at these pictures...I think I might have actually caught him mid fall. If so...this would be HILARIOUS. What do you think? It kind of looks like it, right? Check him out...top right. Poor Ben.
Sweet ladies (Amber, Kristy and Dena)...and baby Bryson
I had to buy this balloon when I saw it at Publix. The kids loved it. Al the boys took turns punching on it like a punching bag. Definitely got my $3 worth. :) Bryson was cracking up laughing while he was kicking it. So cute.
Jack liked it too...
Throwing the bean bags into the box. Shepherd getting some advice from Wes.
Giant parking lot means lots of sidewak chalk. They loved it.
My sweet boy! By the way, Sam wore this shirt to his 2nd birthday party...and it fits Jack now. Too funny.
And this sweet boy...Philip.
Girls (Kristy, Ashley and baby girl Wyatt...coming any day now, me and Leanne)
Team Hazlewood. I LOVE my family!
1 comment:
Oh my word it doesn't seem right to see all that orange in Georgia! Love how you plan and put together all these parties! You are so good Kate!!
Post a Comment