Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Last Day of Preschool & Field Day

Last Thursday was Sam's final day of preschool for the year. I must admit...I was a little sad. :) I really enjoyed those 6+ hours a week with just Jack and I know it has been SO good for Sam to be in school. Next year Sam will go 4 days a week in the 4 year old class (hard to imagine).
They had a field day that day followed by a class party (which apparently I had volunteered to coordinate back in August). :) It was pretty easy, we planned a picnic outside with pizzas and popsicles...and some bubbles that I picked up for the kids. It turned out to be ridiculously hot that day, so all of the parents gladly agreed that we just do the party indoors. Not exaclty how we'd planned it, but it was MUCH cooler and the kids enjoyed it.
I forgot my camera that day (of course) so these pictures aren't great, but I definitely wanted to include them. Not sure why they are so small either. I saved them like I always do...weird.
I've really enjoyed Sam's preschool. The teachers, directors, EVERYONE are so wonderful and they love on Sam like their own. Makes it much easier (for an insanely, over-protective mommy) to take him there . He's learned so much. One night when we were saying prayers, Sam busted out the Lord's Prayer (word for word). CRAZY! So proud of all the things he's learned. Thanks to Ms. Sara and Ms. Beth who are so patient and loving with him. When we met with Ms. Sara for conferences, she told us about how shy Sam is in the mornings. She said it takes him about an hour and a half to get going. Hilarious. He participates but he is so quiet. Which is hard for me to imagine...b/c he talks a hundred miles an hour from the moment he wakes up, but when he gets to school (or church), he is quiet as a mouse. So funny. I guess this is much better than the opposite, so I am thankful for his little shy self. :)

Ms. Sara and Ms. Beth giving Sam his preschool certificate after Field Day Thursday. Sam looks thrilled. :) Field Day - Tug-o-war Games... Hopping
Walking with Monster Feet
Jack enjoyed field day too. He just ran around in the open field...so funny.

No comments: