Thursday, April 21, 2011

At the Movies...

Sam and I on the way to our Movie Date!

This past Sunday, I thought it would be fun to take Sam and spend some time with him just the two of us. He and Ben went to Monkey Joes on Saturday and ran a bunch of errands, so I guess it was kind of the theme last weekend. It's hard to remember when it was just me and Sam (before Jack)...so it was really fun to just hang out with him. Plus, he is SOOO much easier to take places these days. No stroller, diaper bag, etc required. And, he gets SOOOO excited to do stuff like this, so that makes it that much more fun. We made a double date with Leanne and Jackson to see the movie, "Rio"! And off we went.


Had to walk the long way to the theater, by way of the fountain so we throw coins in...or "tokens" as Sam calls them. Nice way to empty out mommy's change purse too! :)
Getting ready for the movie to start. Sam LOVES movie previews. He freaks if you fast forward through them on his dvd's at home, so he loved seeing them on the big screen. I didn't know how well he'd sit there, but he did GREAT! So proud of him. Ben took him to see Toy Story 3 when it came out and they made it about halfway through. I'm so excited to see more now with him!

Trying to get a picture of the boys in the dark was a bit complicated. Yes, I was the one with the flash going off during the previews...yep, that was me! :) A mommy must document such events, right?
Jackson was so cute with his hands over his ears. It was really loud in there. Such a cutie! The boys were so cute talking to each other and laughing throughout the movie.

Back at the fountain after the movie...

Leanne and Jackson...

Me and Sam

And the two big boys posing in front of the sign. So cute. Sam had his hands in his pockets and Jackson was trying to do the same. Too funny.

Sorry the lighting is so bright on this, Leanne...but I thought it was really cute in front of the flowers. LOVE these 2!

Me and my man!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Yes, you definitely have to document such a big event. Those people can just deal with the mama with the camera through the previews! :0) We're preserving memories, people!

Jillina said...

Awe such sweet pictures! You are such a good mommy!