Sunday, April 03, 2011

Jack's 1st Birthday Party!


We had an awesome party last week for Jack's birthday with some really sweet friends! I went with a Mickey Mouse theme...Jack lights up when Mickey Mouse comes on tv...so cute. So...why not. It was really fun to decorate with and make a fuss over my little man! :) My mom was here for her spring break, so it was perfect timing. I am SOOOO happy that she was here. Plus, there is NO WAY I would have pulled it off without her here. Sometimes...even when you're a mama yourself...you need you're own mama! :) Love you Mom!

I'll let the pictures do the talking from the party!
I love these LunaBTee shirts! If you've never heard of/seen these tshirts...check them out! www.lunabtees.com. There are sooo many ADORABLE things to see... I had to order one for Jack for his 1st bday!

Had to make some Mickey Mouse hats for the kiddos! Even Sam, with his cupcake mustache put his on! Singing HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Jack was not too happy at that moment. Mommy had to hurry through the song....gotta roll with the punches mommy! HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACK! Got him a cupcake...getting happier! VERY HAPPY boy! Loved this face! So funny! Mickey Mouse...everywhere. I made this cake...turned out pretty fun. It took just about a whole little container of red gel coloring to get it that red...but it was fun to do. Kept it pretty simple (I've learned that less is more when decorating cakes) . The Mickey head on top was just a cupcake that I iced black and stuck 2 oreos in the top. I'm newly obsessed with these pom pom tissue papers thingys. The girls made them at my baby shower last year and have wanted to make them ever since...just needed an occasion. I bought one already done and took it apart to figure out how to make them (SOOOO easy to do). Then I just bought all the tissue paper colors that I wanted and put them together. There are so many possibilities here! :)

I also made these centerpieces. Again...so easy (I'm all about easy these days). I bought some round styrofoam balls and spray painted them black. Then, I already had these clay pots and painted them red. Super easy.


Mickey Mouse cupcakes...just iced these cupcakes...rolled them in crushed up oreos and little mini oreos for the ears. I saw this idea online with the Mickey party hats. I added a little fun twist to write the names on like the do when you go to the park. Fun stuff. I really didn't think the kids would wear them and really thought they'd just make a cute photo-op, but they did and wore them all around. Painting party! Some friends...Addie, Tucker and Jackson! Sam got his fill of cupcakes and cake!


We did these as give-aways! I bought these frames and cut out mickey's head for a matte. The kiddos painted the background picture. I think they turned out cute. Jack didn't paint this one...but Sam and I did.


Mops, me and the birthday boy!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

what a fun party....you're so crafty, but what's new!?

happy birthday jack!!