I've had some major, sentimental flashbacks today. Jack's birthday isn't until Monday, but since he was born on Sunday morning early I was thinking about this day last year. I remember going to lunch with some girlfriends at the Avenues and then getting a pedicure (good timing for that one huh?). They were going to a movie but I just didn't think I could sit there, so I didn't go. I just knew something was up...something was different. I was even more miserable than I had been (which was A LOT). And something sure was up...my water broke about this time that night. I didn't really realize that that is what it was until about midnight. Anywho...it's so hard to believe it has been a year. I am so thankful for that little, chunky baby! He is such a joy in my life! I'll stop there because I know I'll have lots of sappy things to say on his actualy bday.
Just having a flashback moment... This was me a year ago (actually it was February...can you believe I had more time to get even bigger than this?). Fun to look back and remember...but so thankful I'm not huge and preggers this year. :) I wish I had taken some pictures that night when we went to the hospital...before Jack was born...but it was just not a good time. I so wish I had though. We have a video in the car as we drove to the hospital before Sam was born and now I wish I had something similar with Jack. Funny, how it is so different the second time. We were busy calling our parents (in the middle of the night)...worrying about Sam (hoping he'd be okay with his life about to change)...in between contractions...and trying to figure out what they would do when you go into labor but have a planned csection. Crazy. Both scenarios were very different, but both just as AMAZING as the other. We are so blessed and thankful for such a fun year with our boys. Can't wait for the next!
Saturday, March 19, 2011
Welcome Spring...
We had a great day today. The boys played outside while mommy went on a major grocery run (you know, the kind you have to do without kids b/c there's not even enough room for them in the cart for all the groceries). :) Then we had a little driveway picnic lunch and more playing. Trip to ToysRUs to buy a few things for Jack's birthday and then Ben got it in his head that he wanted to take Sam to ChuckECheese to play some games (such a cute daddy...love him). We got $4 worth of tokens and played them til they were gone and left...now that's the way to do ChuckECheese (30 minutes...$4). :) Ha! That place kind of gives me the heebeegeebees (just made up the spelling for that word)...sorry, but it does. Sam LOVED the basketball thing (of course)...and driving the cars.
Such a gorgeous day...and such a wonderful day with my sweet, little family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment