Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Feeling crafty...

My sister was throwing a shower for one of her friends and she asked me to make a diaper cake and paint a canvas for Amber. Of course I will...I love to do those! Amber has 2 girls and preggers with #3! So...here's what I came up with.

I loved the ribbon on this one. She was using hot pink/limey green for the shower colors so I thought these were fun. I added the skinny green on the bottom of the fatter paisley ribbon. And I CANNOT help but buy those little MaryJane socks when someone is having a girl. I LOVE them! Soooo cute! This actually looks better in person, but thought I'd put it up anyway.
In Sophie's nursery, Amber has the walls a melon/coral-y color (do you like how I put a "y" at the end of every word lately?)...and green. She's has accents of hot pink too, so I thought this would work. She's using more non-traditional stuff than your typical baby pink...which makes doing one of these really fun. I found this verse (the condensed version) and thought it was perfect for babies...well, for everyone for that matter! I'm going to attach some ribbon at the top still...so hopefully little Sophie will like it.

2 comments:

The Benders said...

soooo cute!!!

Jillina said...

shutup!!! what a precious verse!!! where can i use it? must find a place!