Monday, April 12, 2010

Jack's room

I hadn't posted any pictures of Jack's room...mainly because I didn't have it finished by the time he actually arrived (I guess I had big plans for that last week - not sure when I thought I was going to get it done). Still have a few more things to do (picture frames need actual pictures, etc), but other than that we are pretty much done. Jack seems to like it...and Sam LOVES hanging out in there.

We recycled the rocking chair from Sam's nursery. Best chair EVER!!!! I loved the bedding...so cute and tried to use lots of greens in there too since Sam's room is blue/brown and I wanted a little something different. I really liked how the stripe turned out.
Painted this to go above his bed.

The hutch finally came! It came on Saturday...and we were going to unload it Sunday, but Jack had other plans. The huge, massive box was sitting in the middle of the room when we left to go to the hospital, but when we came home we found that YaYa had taken it out and attached it to the dresser. Gotta love that YaYa! It has 2 shelves, but there's only 1 in it now b/c we weren't sure if I'd bust the baby's head on it when changing diapers, so only 1 shelf for now. We shall see. I love it and am so glad we ordered it. Exactly what I wanted.
This is the old cabinet-thingy that we used as Sam's changing table (before Sam it held really fun stemware/glasses - my how things change huh)! We just moved it in there for storage this time. Still have some work to do over there on that wall, but it's getting there. Painted those canvases on the wall. It is that "with you as my brother" quote...so sweet. I've already spent lots of time in that rocker...and enjoying every second!
My friend, Ashley Stringfield (that I used to work with in Knoxville) had painted a little train set like this with Sam's name on it. I found these at Michael's this past year and painted it for Jack's room.

6 comments:

emilie said...

Love it! It looks incredible! You should submit it to a magazine. You're so talented!

Becky said...

Looks great Katers!!!! Sounds like you are doing so good with TWO!!! :) Love you!

Lindsay said...

the room looks great!! very impressed with the stripe as well.

Leslie Ware said...

Awesome job! It looks super cute

Jillina said...

Love it! Love the stripe of course and all your painted canvas! When are you going to start selling them?

Angie said...

The room looks great! I love the stripe way up high like that!