Mom went back home last Monday and Ben went back to work...leaving me with the boys. Yikes! Surprisingly, it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. We did pretty well. I made it my goal to at least get a shower everyday (granted...some were at 4:00 in the afternoon, but still got one)! We even ran several errands and were able to enjoy the beautiful weather! Sam has a hard time understanding that mommy can't exactly get up and wander all over the house with him when she's feeding the baby (or at least I haven't figured out how to do that yet), but he's getting better.
A few days, we just got in the car and drove around. We did that A LOT with Sam since it seemed to calm him down so well. Jack doesn't seem as fretful as Sam was (yet), but it's nice to just get out of the house and realize that the world is still going on out there without us. :)
We had some awesome meals last week too. Our friends from church have been bringing us meals which has been so GREAT! I haven't cooked in 3 weeks which is crazy to me.

Sleeping boy...so sweet!
NaNa and YaYa got here yesterday afternoon. WHOOOOHOOOO! We are so excited to have them here. Sam is having a ball (they are outside right now playing...guess what...basketball)! Ben has a honey-do list for YaYa (YaYa is just about the handiest person EVER...he can do/fix anything)! We plan on doing a lot of playing...shooting baskets...going to the park...etc! So fun!
Too bad Ben has to work this week! More pictures of our week to come!
This is pretty much what we do...I just bring out my chair and sit it in the driveway. Sam gets every ball our of the garage (we have a lot of them between basketballs and my old soccer balls (all flat of course).
Don't look at our garage...it is a mess! And we wonder why we can't fit our big cars in there.
Aunt Suzie was in town (from Knoxville) visiting Tracy last week and stopped in to see us. She got lots of sweet Jack time! Tracy brought Sam one of those basketball goals that fits over the door (and cheers when you make a basket). He's been in heaven ever since...and we think he has a new favorite cousin (not that we blame him - she's pretty great)! Thanks Tracy! He talks about his "shoot from Tracy" ALL THE TIME! Tracy has 2 boys too and definitely knows what those boys like!
Okay...couldn't flip this picture I guess. Just thought it was sweet. Sam wants to kiss Jack's head all of the time. Didn't think he would be that way, but so happy that he is such a loving big brother!
When mommy is feeding the baby, Sam thinks he can get away with lots of stuff b/c I can't get up to get him. We had lots of talks about him being too big for the bouncy seat, but clearly...he doesn't listen (he gets that from me - Ben says). Forgive the nose picking...his finger is permanently stuck up there some days. Gross! :)
Don't look at our garage...it is a mess! And we wonder why we can't fit our big cars in there.
2 comments:
Had to laugh bc PG does the same thing when I'm nursing Nathan! She tries to sit in his take-along swing every time! Or she just takes things that she knows I need and runs away with them. She knows I always take the house phone, my cell, the remote control and my water while I nurse...each of these is a goal of hers to take and run away with! You just have to learn to pick your battles! Glad you guys are doing well!
Oh, and her finger is permanently up her nose too...2 year olds I guess!
Post a Comment