It's really hard to imagine that it's been a month already. It seems like time has gone by so fast but at the same time it feels like he's been with us forever. We are adjusting well to life with 2 boys. Jack is a very laid back (thank you Lord) baby. He is so sweet and I LOVE LOVE LOVE cuddling with him. We are still working out the kinks of sleeping at night, but I just have to remember that he WILL sleep through the night eventually...and I will too. Sam was a very early night-sleeper so I am trying not to compare the two. I am just hoping he figures out this day/night thing. I've tried all sorts of things to get him sleeping longer at night (read the books, etc), but it is just a toss up depending on the day. If I learned anything from Sam...I learned to just chill out and take it one day at a time. I do not have to be super-mom...I am just going to try to enjoy each day with these guys and we will figure it out as we go. Sam got himself on a schedule within 3 months. I wish I had 1 month stats for you, but we don't go back to the doctor until next week, so I'll update you then. Can't wait to find out how much this big guy weighs.
Sam is doing as well as a 2 1/2 year old can do. He LOVES Jack and talks about him all of the time. He wants to kiss him all the time. It's really sweet. He also cannot stand for Jack to cry. He freezes right where he is or goes over to make sure Jack is okay. He always says "mommy GET Jack" and tells him "it's okay Jack". I do believe he is going to be a great big brother! He really only gets frustrated with me when I can't cater to his every whim! We went to the park today and he had a blast playing with his friends, so that was fun. We try to get out and about as much as possible. He and I both suffer from "stir-craziness" if we stay in the house for too long.
We are doing well and having a lot of fun (didn't think I'd be saying that 1 month in...but we actually are doing well). Ben is such an amazing help! I know he is exhausted after work (and a long commute) every day but he comes home and steps right in to take care of ALL of us. He is so good...I am so thankful for him. His mama and daddy taught him well! :)
One afternoon, Jack and I laid down on our bed for a little snooze! Had to take a picture of the beautiful "view" I had! Love him!
5 comments:
i was just getting philip down and thought - today is jack's one month b-day!! i had to see if you posted any new pictures and you did - yeah!!
happy birthday, jack!
REALLY can't believe it's already been a month!! Glad y'all are doing so well.
He is just precious!! I can NOT believe it's already been a month!!! Adorable!
Kate, he is so beautiful!! Jack reminds me of Sam when he was a baby, does he to you? I am soo impressed with you with my friend! You are an amazing mom (and friend). Love you! Jillina
awww, he is so cute! Look at his little fat arms! I could just eat him up
Post a Comment