Thursday, February 18, 2010

Valentines Weekend, Monkey Joe's and such...

I have been so bad about updating lately...so sorry! I feel like we've been busy but can't really think of what all we've done. This past weekend we made our last road trip up to Maryville before the baby comes. For Christmas, Ben and I decided that instead of presents that a night away by ourselves would be much more fun (funny how your ideas of "gifts" change over the years...who needs stuff...we just need some quiet time alone)! :) So...thanks to NaNa and YaYa, we were able to sneak away to the mountains Saturday night while they watched Sam. This also got turned into a Valentine's getaway as well. We drove up there on Saturday and spent the night at a great hotel...had a fabulous steak dinner...slept in....watched a movie...heaven...pure heaven, I tell ya! No offense to the little man (we love him more than life), but it was so nice for mommy and daddy to hang out by ourselves without someone saying..."mommy" or "daddy" a MILLION times!
I have no pictures of Ben and I over the weekend, but the mountains were gorgeous (covered in snow...LOVE IT). We actually got quite a bit of snow down here in GA (well...a lot for us here...means 3inches)...but we missed it. It never snows here and the weekend that we leave it does...oh well. Definitely worth it!
We had fun hanging out with NaNa and YaYa (as always)...and Sam had a blast (as always). Thanks to NaNa and YaYa for a GREAT weekend and for watching Sam.

YaYa sent this picture to us on my phone Saturday night while we were away. They had taken Sam to the mall (too cold to play outside). He had a blast! It's always nice to see what he's doing while we're away...and that he has a smile on his face! Thanks YaYa!

Brought lunch over to Aunt SaySay's house on Monday. We also got to play with the girls for a little while. They wore Sam out jumping on the bean bag chair...so funny. Here's Sam with his SaySay! Love my sister!

Tuesday, Sam and I met our friends, Katey and Alayna over at Monkey Joe's. It is a new bouncy place here in town. Sam was skeptical as always, but eventually warmed up. They had a couple of big places for the little ones (3 yrs and under) to play in. I always get nervous when the big kids are running a million miles an hour around the little guys. Paranoid...yes...I am! I am always envisioning them bonking heads...blood...stitches...you name it! Anyway, the staff there was great and did a great job of keeping the big kids out of the little ones way.
Probably the funniest part was me trying to climb myself into one of the bouncy things. The only entrance was this tiny hole...and the only way down was the slide. You can imagine what I looked like attempting that. I made it and Sam had a lot of fun. However, we did not go back...not sure how many times I could cram myself into that thing. The picture above is what Sam did majority of the time. Ran from one side of this thing to the other and jumped on his bottom. We didn't stay too long...when
Sam decided to run away from me over and over...it was time to
go home. Another...really funny mental picture..."big preggers lady running full speed after toddler!" Oh my...never a dull moment here! These were taken on my phone, so the quality isn't very good, but this was an action shot!
One of Sam's new favorite activities...coloring with his Cars Color Wonder coloring books. We've gone through several of these things...they are GREAT!
Haven't taken many belly shots this time around, but here was one from a week or so ago...YIKES! Excuse the dirty mirror...Sam "cleans" it with his wipes (which you can imagine what that looks like).
So I flipped over my calendar that I keep on the fridge to the next, new week...and I realized that JACK's arrival fits on this page. It's always seemed much further away, but for some reason seeing it all on the same page made it really REAL! Crazy! Help! Yikes! Exciting!!!!

4 comments:

Angie said...

Definitely makes it more real seeing Jack's name on the current calendar page!! Glad y'all had such a fun getaway weekend! That's definitely the way we like to do "gifts" now, too. I love the belly shot! You look great!

Becky said...

Aww! Glad you had a good getaway! WOW... can NOT believe you are almost due with baby Jack!!!!! So exciting! Your belly looks precious!

Amber said...

Seems like forever since I saw you and Sam! You are looking great! Can't wait to meet Jack! I just started a blog for my monogramming... check it out if you get a chance... www.ambersaidsew.blogspot.com. Have a good weekend!!

Angela said...

Love that you caught Sam in the background "cleaning" with his wipes! Hilarious! Your belly is beautiful! Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy...then the REAL fun begins...HA!