My beautiful and amazing girls from college threw Jack (and me) a baby shower this past weekend. Ben offered to keep Sam home, so I took off (all by myself) for another whirlwind Nashville weekend! SO FUN! That 4 hour "quiet...and peaceful" car ride was such a treat for me! Sounds weird I know, but you mommys know what I mean. I even stopped like 3 times...because I could. I NEVER stop normally b/c I don't want to have to get Sam out, so this was a major treat.
Anyway, the girls did an outstanding job and went to way too much trouble! Rebecca offered up her amazing house to us again...and it was perfect. We just sat around and were able to visit with each other! Exactly what I was hoping for!!!! The food was awesome (they even got chicken nuggets from Chick-fil-a and had Sister Schubert rolls so we could make our own Chick-n-minis...they know me so well...I think I ate like 10 of them)...and the company was amazing! Jack received LOTS of fun gifts too. The girls (plus many of you others who couldn't make it) all went in and bought a video monitor too. I really wanted one and am SOOOOO excited to use it. Maybe this time I won't have to go in his room a million times to make sure he's still breathing like I did with Sam. :) I am so thankful for my amazing friends! They are WAY TOO GOOD TO ME...and I am so blessed that we are all still so close after all these years. Thank you ladies SOOOOOOO much...I love you all!
Yummy food table. Aren't those tissue paper thingys SOOOO FUN! I want to make a million of them and hang them in every room. Okay...maybe not every room, but aren't they cute?!
Chris Anne made these ADORABLE monogrammed cookies! It's funny to look at these b/c it looks so close to Sam's monogram. I almost have to give them a double take. Sam's initials are SHJ...and Jack's are JHS. Too funny! I didn't plan that.
Me and my sweet mama! Yes, we had pretty much the same outfit on (just different colors)...only she doesn't have to deal with the GIGANTIC beach ball in her belly like I do. SO cute...love my mom and was so glad that she was there! We had MAJOR fun girl time this weekend. Went to dinner afterwards that night and got to do lots of visiting! LOVE YOU MOM!
Jillina made this awesome diaper cake. Love you Jillina and so thankful for you! She also made a diaper wreath that was hanging on the front door...so cute. Going to have to take that to the hospital with us for the door of our room. :)
Some of the lovely ladies...plus Camdyn!
Time for presents...you all did too much! Wow...this is not the best angle is it.
Group shot...minus a few who already left. Love you ladies so very much and miss you already. Thank you for everything!
3 comments:
kate...i had the best time on saturday. couldn't think of a better person to celebrate than you. you are too good to all of us. love you!!
SO sad I had to miss AGAIN!!!! You look precious! Everything looked beautiful! Oh, and the post below... Jack's room looks awesome! Good job on the stripes!! :)
I am so sad that I missed it! You look so cute and I know you are so excited about Jack's arrival...
Post a Comment