We've been working on Jack's nusery lately. We had lots of stuff to do to get it organized and ready for Jack's arrival, so it's taken some time, but we are making more and more progress every day. First, we cleaned out the closet (yikes). The closet also got a new paint job...I don't normally paint closets since no one ever sees them, but this one needed it BIG TIME. I found some extra paint leftover from our landing upstairs (light beige-y color) and was able to use that. Looks much better.
I had struggled over what color to paint this room b/c I wanted it to be different from Sam's. Finally decided (with the help and opinions of my husband who rarely has decorating advice) to go with this blue. It's a really pretty color. Ben was a huge help and painted the room for me. So NOT fair that he doesn't have to use a ladder. Wouldn't that be nice?! :) So after the blue got painted, I decided that it needed something else. I found a picture online of this room that had a horizontal stripe around it, so I decided to attempt to mimick it. It looks nothing like the picture now, but I like how it turned out. That stripe was an interesting experience. Luckily Ben helped me...he is the math guy around here, so he helped me measure out and paint the stripes. Those of you who have painted stripes know how crazy it is. Well, we survived and are still speaking to each other...plus the stripes look pretty good. :)
Other than that, all we need now is the big furniture piece that we still need to buy (I have a dresser/changing table with a hutch picked out). Also, we'll be moving Sam's rocker into Jack's room too. Not sure how Sam is going to handle that, but we shall see. I do have a replacement chair...but it doesn't rock...and since I have created a monster who insists on having "a go rock" as part of his bedtime/naptime routine...I might be in trouble. Don't freak out...he doesn't get "rocked" to sleep every time...we just rock for a few minutes before he climbs in bed...I'm not crazy people! :) Ha! Going to have to start working on that.
Anywa, just wanted to share a few pictures of the work in progress. Still have a long way to go but we're getting there.
3 comments:
Love the stripe!
That stripe is awesome! You always were soo creative:) Made me jealous! Can't wait to see Jack.
I love the room. I hope to post pics in a few weeks of Joshua's room!
Post a Comment