Please forgive me while I take a few moments to have a pity party about the woes of pregnancy! I tend to be a pretty positive person, but I can't help it. Don't get me wrong...I am SOOOO thankful to be pregnant, healthy and expecting a sweet little boy in 4 short weeks. HOWEVER, I am verging on being miserable these days. I realize that this is all part of the deal, but man, I feel terrible. Maybe because I didn't feel this way with Sam...or maybe I have just forgotten and I really did feel this way but it was the first time and was so exciting. Who knows. Either way...I am ready for this baby to get here. Ready for many reasons, but definitely ready to not be pregnant anymore and definitely ready to hold my newest little man!
I have been very lucky to not have had any morning sickness and to have an uneventful, healthy pregnancy. I've had friends who were sick for months and months...and months. Yikes. Also, I am SOOOOOOO thankful to NOT have gestational diabetes with this one. I did with Sam and was on a not-so-fun diet...plus had to prick my finger 4 times a day. Not sure how it works that I could have it with Sam and not this one, but hey...I'll take it.
So most of the ailments (I like that word...it sounds much more pitiful) have just been annoying...the usual...back pain, sciatic nerve, not sleeping well, uncomfortable, etc. This is just part of the fun of being preggers! My right thigh is numb 24/7, but the doc assures me this is normal. Hmmmm. However, the lastest that has occured in the last month or so has been this silly carpal tunnel syndrome. It is caused by all of the swelling...and can be REALLY aggravating. I feel like this has gone a level further b/c it is currently affecting everything I do. My wrist is in awful pain. Can't pick Sam up except with my forearm...and one hand/fingers stays numbs 24/7....oh and I can't bend my fingers. AGAIN, the doc says this is normal, so I am trying not to get too nervous about it. I told Ben last night that I was scared my fingers were going to fall off since they are so numb and painful (dramatic I know). I think he thinks I am exaggerating a bit! :) Anyway, the bright side to this is that it will all go away once Jack arrives. Who knew that pain in your hands/wrists could affect so many little, everyday things (aka brushing your hair, peeling potatoes, etc, etc)? I've never experienced such!
Found these pics online while I was searching for some sort of answer...relief (which don't exist (or work) by the way...mainly just need to suck it up for a few more weeks)!
Started sleeping in this beauty a while back...then when I told the doctor about my wrist hurting all the time, he told me I need to wear it all the time. I wear it most of the time...except while cooking or eating. Awesome! I am a sight let me tell ya! :)I say all of that to say...I am ready for my little Jack to arrive!!!!! Remind me that when I want to have another baby in a few years to go back and read this post...in case I forget. Ha! I don't say this for sympathy or anything...I am pregnant...and this is part of it and it is SOOOOOO worth it in the end. I know that there are many women out there that would LOVE to be dealing with this stuff b/c they can't get pregnant, etc, so I try to think of them and be thankful for what we have and the many wonderful blessings God has given us. I just wish I could bend my fingers!
Okay...enough of the pity party...I decided I needed to post a funny picture of my Sam! Ben went to see Avatar last weeked and got these 3d glasses. They have become a new favorite toy around here. Trying to soak up as much quality time that I can with this little guy while it's just us. This morning he woke up pretty late (as did I - 9:00am...thank you Lord)...then came in our room and climbed in the bed with me. He actually laid there with me for a while. Needless to say, we didn't make it to Beth Moore this morning. We just couldn't get going...plus I was not going to miss out on all of the cuddling! Hope everyone has a great day! If you're still reading...thanks for listening to me and my silly rants!
3 comments:
Poor Kate!!!! So sorry you're in so much pain!!! :( He will be here before you know it! Love you!
I am so sorry you are having that trouble! It will be so worth it though! I hope the last 4 weeks go by fast, and then a little slow so you can soak up 1-on-1 time with Sam. It is definitely a juggling act with 2! I am still trying to figure out all the kinks in the time schedule, but I know it will work itself out. Good luck! Thinking of you!!!
You poor thing! Pregnancy definitely gets so hard and uncomfortable, especially there at the end!
Post a Comment