BIRTHDAY BOY! I thought he looked so cute in his Eric Berry jersey!I didn't know what I wanted to do about Sam's birthday this year. I didn't want to go overboard like I did last year, so I wanted to do something a bit more laid back. I know once he turns 3...he'll have much more of an opinion of what we do, so I figured I had one last year. We had Sam's 2nd birthday party this past weekend at NaNa and YaYa's house in Maryville. Ben and I wanted to go to the Tennessee game, so we thought it would be great to do it all.
As far as theme...well on any given Saturday in East Tennessee in the fall...what better theme than UT FOOTBALL! We asked everyone to wear orange (which everyone always wears anyways on Saturdays in the fall) and we just did pizza and cupcakes. Pretty low key...mostly family (and our friends the Webbs came too). The weather was great so we could play outside the whole time. The kids ran around and had the best time.
Overall, it was a success. Sam had a blast (he shot basketball for about 3 hrs straight) and ate cupcakes...and played outside...a perfect day for that little boy!
So thankful for all of those who could come...and for NaNa and YaYa for hosting! We had so much fun!
Here are some pictures from the party!
Our little family...notice any picture with Sam actually looking at the camera...he is always holding a ball...obsessed I tell you!
In East TN...a UT theme is quite easy to decorate for...there is always BIG ORANGE stuff everywhere!
Instead of a cake, I just made cupcakes this year...much easier! I found the footballs at Hobby Lobby (they were made of sugar and quite yummy). Orange sprinkles and I made the little cupcakes toothpick things with "2s", footballs, and Sam's name on them. I was pleased with how they turned out.
Sam and YaYa playing football before the party...
Maybe a future kicker on our hands.
YaYa holding the ball for Sam...such a cute picture. Love these two!
Sam and his cousin, Kennedy!
The cake situation was much different this year...last year he cried the whole time we sang "Happy Birthday" and wouldn't even touch his cake. This year, he ate the cupcake and actually enjoyed the singing!
Playing ball with Grace and Ella
Harris girls...mom, Sara and me in our matching "It's Time" shirts!
The sweet Webb family...minus Ella (she was playing basketball). We miss them lots! Aren't those girls adorable?
Sam and Emma! He LOVES his Emma. He talks about her all the time and calls all blond haired girls, EMMA!
Sam wasn't too intested in opening presents, but the girls had fun helping. 
S
am and Aunt Suzie!
Cousins
Some handsome Hazlewood men...Ben, Uncle Johnnie and Max (YaYa)
Me and YaYa...LOVE! We had matching shirts too! :)
2 comments:
Can't believe these babies are growing so fast!! The cupcakes looked super cute and yummy, too!
Love it! So Super Cute! Glad everyone had a great time!
Post a Comment