Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Labor Day Weekend!

A picture of mom and the grandkids (minus Duff & Jenni's kiddos of course) at the soccer field after Grace's game.

We spent this past weekend in Maryville. Ben took a friend of his to the football game. He was really excited to go to the first game of the new UT Vols coaching regime! They did great 63-7! GO VOLS! Ben and I will be going next weekend, so I am excited...hope it isn't too hot!
We also got to go to 2 of my niece, Grace's soccer games. She is playing for the club that I used to coach. It made me a bit sad b/c I miss being out there and coaching my girls. BUT...I am so excited about Grace being able to experience it. She did great...and is the spitting imagine of her mommy at that age. The way she runs, her hair, even the humidity curls she gets around her face...it is scary how much she looks like Sara!
Another HUGE highlight to our trip was YaYa returning home safely from his mission trip to Zimbabwe, Africa. They were there for 2 weeks and had a great time. He said it was incredible and eye opening and really makes you realize how lucky we are for the things/opportunities that we have. So glad that he was able to go and be a part of those kid's lives (even for a week), but we sure are glad that he is home safe and sound too!
Here are some fun pictures from the weekend!
We spent a lot of the weekend playing basketball at NaNa and YaYa's house...as always!
Practicing our soccer kicks. Mommy is so proud!
At Grace's soccer game! Go Lady Hammers!
Most of you that know us very well know that Sara and I are obsessed with the number 10! It was both of our numbers (unless we were playing on the same team...and Sara had #10 then...she was older) playing soccer growing up and in college. Well, to our PLEASANT surprise, Grace was randomly given #10 to wear this season. HOW CRAZY is that? Hope she loves it as much as we do!
Kennedy and Emma. It was so hot out there...everyone was super sweaty and gasping for water!
The kids running around on the field after the game. Sam was LOVING it...chasing Emma and Kennedy around. Then he saw a ball in the goal...and he had to go get it.
Mops, Kennedy and Emma...and Sam (trying to run away)
Had to pass the #10 torch eventually! Time for a new generation to wear it with PRIDE! Go #10!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love these pictures. Please send to me so I can put them on my computer. Thank you...see you soon!!