I am a few days late posting these, but I wanted to show you guys what awesome weather we've been having here in Georgia! It had been raining for several days in a row. On Sunday night we had gone to our church Life Group. As we were leaving it started to absolute POUR! When we got home and got out of the car, I noticed that it sounded like a river was flowing...somewhere. Well, it was...our backyard! I missed a call from our neighbor and when I went to call her back I realized what she was calling about. As I looked out the back door...yep...our fence was gone! I called her back and she was telling me the story. Behind our house is the neighborhood "100 year pond" and the run-off for it runs through the back of our yard. It really actually looks kind of park-like. It's never been an issue before...however, since we've been here there has never been so much rain. Anywho, the "100 yr pond" overflowed into our backyard and the drain for the run-off couldn't handle the enormous amounts of water. So, it created a nice river that flowed through our yard and down to the neighbors. It was ridiculous. Luckily, we are at the top of the hill so the water never got close to our house. On Monday, the same thing happened...pond overflowed and the river rapids commenced! It was crazy. Here are some pictures from Monday. Our neighbors mentioned that this same thing happened about 5 yrs ago when one of the hurricanes came through. They got a little water in their basement and their fence collapsed too, but no major damage. We have a guy coming out next week to fix the fence and the Homeowners Association will be coming too to let us know what they are going to do about this pond in the back to prevent this from happening again! We shall see! We had a break in the rain for the past few days, but it's back this morning. Thankfully, it is nothing like it was last week, so maybe it will just cool it off a bit here and we can actually have some FALL WEATHER!
Please pray for the families that were greatly affected by this rain. There are A LOT of people in the Atlanta area with a whole lot of damage/flooding/etc/etc. UGH!
2 comments:
Oh Kate!!! Gracious! Glad you guys are ok and didn't have home flooding and such. Whew!! Love you much!
Kate!!! Oh my gosh!!!!! That is crazy!! Glad your house is OK!!
Post a Comment