Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Where did October go?

HAPPY FALL EVERYBODY! - this is one of Sam's signature faces...the scrunched up nose. So funny.

I can't believe that October is almost over. It is one of my favorite months...except for May of course (birthday, spring, mothers day, anniversary)! A lot has happened this month...bought a house, sold our old house, lived in a temporary apartment, packed up our old house and moved into a new one...in another state! YIKES! I used to think that I was quite the go-getter and could get so much stuff done, but now I feel like I can't get anything done. I know that most of that is the fact that I have the little one at my feet 24/7...but he is quite the little helper! We are having so much fun though. Each day does get better and better! I believe that I am being taught another lesson in the art of "you-don't-have-to-do-it-ALL-RIGHT-NOW"! Ben jokes with me and tells me that I have this imaginary deadline in my head (for everything)...I think I just want to be settled. Anywho..we are getting more and more settled everyday, so the end is in sight. There is lots of painting to be done, but that will come with time. However, our kitchen/breakfast/family room is this dark green color...and MUST come down soon (it's a pretty color, but not for me), so that will be the first. I will definitely post some before and afters. I have only completed one minor home improvement project thus far. Our previous home owners decided to glue down their foyer rugs...WHAT???!!! I know they had a little one, so maybe they wanted to make sure they didn't slip, but it sure does make a mess underneath. So we got some GooGone and I spent one evening scraping...and it came right up. That stuff is amazing! I LOVE GOO GONE!

Here is the before...it looked worse close up...

Here is the after...the wood is all faded underneath, so we'll have to do something about that, but at least that icky black, sticky stuff is gone.

3 comments:

Angela said...

I can't wait to see before-and-after pics! I know exactly what you are going through (except your little one is walking!) We moved and it has been so stressful, but you just have to remember the world won't end if it takes you a while to get settled. My deadline is her birthday party in December, so I've given myself plenty of time. Good luck!!!

Jenna said...

I love Sam's little scrunchy nose face! Too cute. And gluing the rugs to the hardware floors? A Big No No! What were they thinking?? Glad you are moved in and can't wait for more photos :)

Angie said...

Gluing down rugs?! Hmmm....