Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Greetings from Georgia!

Well, it is official...we are officially residents of the state of Georgia! We closed on our new house last Tuesday. it was a nightmare (which is weird b/c all of our others have been so smooth)...didn't think everyone was going to get all their paperwork together. It was frustrating having to wait on a million other people to get stuff signed and returned. Anywho, closing went well. I didn't even have to drive back to GA...Sam and I stayed in Maryville to wait on the pckers/movers! Packers arrived on Wednesday...and I must say were AMAZING! Normally I would be creeped out by two strange men in our house, but our two movers were so nice and not creepy at all! :) They packed our whole house up in one day and were back the next morning to load it all up. It was amazing how efficient they were! They delivered everything at our new house on Friday...in the rain! YUCK! Big thanks to NaNa and YaYa who watched Sam for me at their house while our house was being turned upside down by boxes...movers...packing paper...OH MY! We have been unpacking ever since. Ben's cousin, Tracy has been amazing. Her family lives here too. She came over and helped Friday, then came to get Sam on Saturday. They had a big day playing outside at cousin Andrew's football game (I'll post pictures once we get our cable hooked up - so cute). We are so grateful to her family for all their help!
Other than that...we are just unpacking and trying to figure out where to put everything. The main floor is pretty much done (with the exceptions of pictures on walls (which will have to wait until I paint...VERY SOON)! I finished up Sam's room tonight too which was a big relief. I was afraid he'd start smelling like cardboard for all the boxes in his room.
That's all for now. I'm on Ben's computer and will post some moving pictures once our cable gets hooked up (SOOOOOON) and I can get on my laptop!
Pictures below are from mine, Sara and mom's trip up to the mountains last week. We had a great time with Sam and the girls. I love that it actually FEELS like fall now! YEAH!


Mom and her "southern" grandchildren (I can't say Tennessee anymore...SAD)...the other 3 are in Illinois!
The girls all wanted pictures with Sam. They were so good about trying to take care of him and play with him. So sweet. Here is Grace and Sam!
Kennedy and Sam. She kept calling him her buddy. It was so cute. I always call him that so maybe that is where she picked it up, but it was too cute.
Emma and Sam. Emma is the little mother. Always taking care of everyone and making sure they are okay! She is so precious!
One night, we decorated cupcakes with the girls. They had so much fun...they were wuite yummy.
Sam hugging mom. He started this thing where he will start on one side of the room and run over to you and give you a hug...it is so very sweet! He loved playing this game with Mops.

The whole gang outside our cabin Cousins
Sam's fake cry face. He does this a lot and we think it is too funny. Such a faker!
Mops and Sam in his BOO pjs

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a fun trip!! I'm glad you all are settled and adjusting. I know having Tracy around is wonderfully helpful. Thank her for me! I love you and miss you. Kiss Sam for me and tell him Sa Sa loves him tons!!! Ben too :) Kisses!!

Jillina said...

You have the sweetest little family ever!

Angie said...

Yay for being moved in!!! Good luck with all the unpacking!