Well...we think the festivities are over now. Our lights are off and I am praying that know one rings the doorbell since Sam is asleep! Our neighborhood didn't have as many trick-or-treaters as I thought since it is so big, but we are kind of down a side road and cul-de-sac, so maybe that is why. We made a big pot of taco soup (one of our recipe staples...thanks to Mrs. Rebecca Fua) and sat out on the front porch! We dressed Sam up in his spider costume (thanks Jillina for the hand-me-down) and took lots of pictures. He didn't go trick-or-treating...we just hung out and met our neighbors as they came to us. He actually didn't mind having the costume on (go figure). It was really cute! Anywho...MOPS IS COMING TOMORROW! Yeah...we are so excited for her to see the house and get to hang out with her in our new town!
By the way...I must say that I have an amazing husband. For a million reasons, but today, he was working from home and only had to work half a day, so he told me that I needed to get out of the house and take some time for myself (something I don't have much of these days). I thought...oh great...I need to run to the grocery...but he said NO! Do something for yourself. I don't know if he realizes what a treat going to the grocery by myself is...but seriously, he just wanted me to do something I wouldn't normally do. SOOOOO....I went to see a movie by myself and it was FANTASTIC! I bought popcorn and a $10 coke (maybe an exaggeration, but they are so expensive)! I saw the new movie "The Secret Life of Bees"! It was REALLY GOOD (tear jerker)! For those of you who have not read the book by Sue Monk Kidd...you should! It is really good and does do the book justice, I think. Just had to brag on my sweet Ben for watching Sam and being such a great husband and daddy! I am so lucky!
One last thing...a matinee cost me $8 (for ONLY ONE TICKET mind you)! WHAT???? Since when? Clearly, I haven't been to the movie theater in a long time, but didn't they just used to be more like $5???? What is the world coming to? Heehee...Have a great weekend! :)
7 comments:
Oh my goodness he is adorable!! And you look so pretty Kate! Glad you got to have some good me time.
Sam looks so cute! Going to the movies by yourself was such a great idea. I might need to do that, too. And on a completely different note.... I really like your monogrammed flower pot on the front porch. You are so clever!!
cutest little spider i ever saw! glad to know that secret life of bees is good. i loved the book and I'm always skeptical about the movies. can't wait to see you soon.
Angie...Ben's cousin, Tracy (who leaves here) brought it over one day with another little fall decoration as a happy housewarming! She made it...she's so good and so clever. It is just a plain terra cotta planter...painted it with outdoor paint and stenciled the monogram on it. It makes the perfect gift!
That's the cutest spider I've ever seen!
Look at my Sam. He is the cutest spider ever. Thank you Ben for loving Kate enough to help keep her sane. Miss you guys and love you bunches!!!
cutest spider ever! glad you got some time to yourself.....can't wait to see you next week!
Post a Comment