I know I am posting like three all in one day, but who knows when I'll be back!
I think probably everyone knows this, but we are actually moving to the ATL! Ben got an awesome opportunity at his company's corporate office down there and we are relocating! This was pretty unexpected as we never thought we would leave East TN! We love being here...having Ben's parents 5 minutes (or less) down the road, sister Sara and fam across town, going to the church that Ben grew up in, working for an awesome company here in town, going to the dentist who helped raise your husband through little league baseball, knowing people in town and people knowing you, mom being able to get Sara and I both at the same time when she visits, UT Football...MUST I go on...I am sad enough!
We really don't want to leave the comforts of "HOME", but are actually really excited about a new adventure for our family! We DO plan on being back in the NEAR future, because we want to raise our family here! I want to be able to see cousins, grandparents, sister, friends ANYTIME we want. We are so lucky and blessed to be given such an amazing life to share with all of these amazing people! I thank God for you all every day!
Another major blessing is that this opportunity will make it possible for me to stay at home with my little Sam! Next Friday is my last day as a Compensation professional! No more bonuses, salary increases, ORACLE (for those of you that may work in HR), performance evaluations, won't have to do it! Whatever will I do with myself - oh yeah...chase a 1 year old all day...that's what I'll do? Heehee...no I am really sad to leave such amazing people and company! I have learned so much and will miss them all greatly!
Very excited to get to hang with my little man all day and explore all that the surroundings that ATL has to offer...we don't plan on going downtown if we can help it! Our house is up for sale now and we currently haven't found anything yet, but hopefully once I stop working, we'll have time to focus on finding a new home! Ben has traveled a lot over the past several months, so we can't wait to have all of us in the same place!
Okay...I could go on about this for a long time, but please pray for us in this new adventure in our lives! I am so proud of my Ben! He has done such great things with his job and it is finally paying off. I am a bit nervous...I loved moving back here b/c we knew everything about this place. And with me being the "control freak - if you will" that I am...I do not like not knowing where we will live, who we will meet, what will we do. I must know these things, but I guess this is God teaching me another lesson in the art of patience and more importantly, letting go and letting God!
We'll keep you posted on the events of the next few months...in the meantime...we are getting ready for a 1 year old birthday party next month...OH MY...has it been a year already!
5 comments:
Being a control freak myself, I understand your fear but also your total excitement for your new adventure!! I'm sure it will be FABULOUS and can't wait to hear about all of your new fun times ahead! ... and LOVE the pics from the shower and park day we had to miss!!! :)
We'll be praying for you guys. Love you!!!
Hey Kate!
I found your blog through Rebecca Mitchell's and saw that you are moving to Atlanta! My husband and I moved this way four years ago, and now have a one year old son as well :) We live in the Cumming/Alpharetta area.
If you need any help learning your way around this city, give me a shout! I would love to reconnect with another Lipscomb Girl!
Leanne (Jablonski) Bender
leannejbender@yahoo.com
Yeah don't even want to talk about it! But I am exicited that we can have some daily phone chats during nap time!!
Okay, you know I'm pumped you're headed my way--I can't wait to visit (and have you visit us!)
Post a Comment