Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Life's A Beach! - Sam's first Beach Trip

We just got back on Saturday from spending some time at one of our favorite beaches, Litchfield Beach/Pawleys Island, SC. We had the best time and were able to actually relax! Mom came with us which was great too! Thanks Mom for all of your help. We never could have made it without you! I miss you and our lazy river already! Mom and I became obsessed with floating on the lazy river that they had there at the pool! ***P.S. If any of you ever decide to put in a pool, make sure you build a lazy river around it! :)
I love this picture. This was Sam actually under the little tent I bought him. He stayed there for maybe 5 seconds. Good thing I bought that! He was more interested in the chairs and umbrella pole.
Mom, Sam and I floating the lazy river! Sam was sleepy and ready for a nap. he wasn't loving the lazy river as much as me and mom!

Sam liked the beach and the pool. Didn't know what to think of the sand at first and then he played like it wasn't even there. It was everywhere and kind of grossed me out, but he didn't seem to mind. The sun, sand and pool wore the poor child out and took VERY long naps in the afternoon which was great. This worked out quite well b/c Ben would stay in the room with Sam while mom and I float the lazy river some more (seriously...we were obsessed with it)! :)

You may not be able to see this close up, but Sam has sand ALL over his face...mouth, nose, ears, eyes...everywhere. Gross! Thank goodness for those showers once you leave the beach!
Loved this picture!

We had dinner at our favorites...Bovines and Lee's Inlet Kitchen! We wanted to try something new, but they are always so good that we just can't miss it! If you ever go to Pawleys...or even Myrtle Beach, drive down to Murrells Inlet and try Bovines and Lee's Inlet Kitchen.
Overall, we had a great trip. Very relaxing. Sam did great driving and everything! What a trooper!
Here we are in front of Lee's! Amazing hush puppies...I must say! Don't you love Ben carrying the diaper bag! He is so good! Love him!
Very tired baby after a long morning of playing on the beach and swimming in the pool with daddy! This was right before a marathon 3 hour nap! Coming from the child who sleeps like 30 minutes all day at day care!
Attempt at a family picture on the beach on the 4th of July! The wind was blowing really hard so the pictures didn't turn out very well, but that is okay!
Ahhhhh...the lazy river! I don't think I ever even got in this pool.
I love how Sam is looking at mom in this picture! He wanted to take her hat off the whole time. This was when we went to the Hammock Shops in Pawleys Island one morning. Adorable shopping there!
Mom blowing up Sam's floaty-thing (which he only sat in for like 5 seconds). He wasn't a big fan of that thing. Maybe next time! It took us a lot longer to blow it up and figure the visor thing out than he was actually in it. The things we do for our children!
Sam and mommy relaxing on the river (while mommy's arms and back were getting poisoned by the sun - oh and my legs too)! I promise I put sunscreen on! That spray on stuff is not very good! Sam was still completely pasty-white when we left, so mission accomplished...no sun burning the baby!
Playing with daddy's hat!
Mops and Sam at the pier in Murells Inlet after dinner one night.

One request...please pray for Sam tomorrow. We are getting tubes at 7:30 in the morning. He can't have anything to eat/drink after midnight tonight, so I am hoping he doesn't absolutely lose it tomorrow morning. This is a very short procedure, so hopefully we won't be worrying for too terribly long! Hopefully, this will clear up our chronic ear infections...there are so many now that I can't even count them. Sunday, the doctor referred to it as "ferocious"...that can never be good, so pray that this fixes our little guy's ears!
Such a sweet boy!

6 comments:

Angie said...

What great pictures! A grandmother is always the best accessory on a beach trip! :) We're attempting our first trip without a grandmother soon, and I'm a little worried. Hope everything goes well with the tubes tomorrow. Keep us posted when you have the chance.

Becky said...

Yay for the beach!!! (and lazy rivers! ha!!!) Glad you had a great trip... loved the pics and little Sam is too cute!!! Hope the tubes are in and all is well!!!!

Angela said...

Paula Grace loves her swimways float (but you have to get the $5 pump so it doesn't take so long to pump up). Looks like you guys had a blast! Hope the tube procedure went well this morning!

chris anne said...

wow! looks like such a fun trip. makes me want to be at the beach right now. so sorry for sweet little sam getting tubes, but i know several kids who've had them and it really helped them. so hopefully he won't get any more ear infections. we'll say a little prayer for him--and for a worried mommy!

Jillina said...

K I'm jealous you know how I feel about the hush puppies at Lee's!! Don't do this to a pregnant lady! Glad you guys had such a fun time - hope all is well with Sam, I'll call you tonight. Love you.

Cristie said...

He is too cute! Glad you had a nice vacation, when is the big move?