Thursday, June 21, 2012

Mommy Island 2012

FINALLY...our GIRLS WEEKEND is here again! We headed back to Rosemary Beach, FL for a WONDERFUL 4 days (aka...Mommy Island 2.0) with some of my favorite gals in all the world!!!

  We look so forward to this trip every year. It is a complete time of relaxation...fun...laughing...story telling...sanity regaining...AMAZING (and the list goes on) time with best of friends! So, this year, we all met (except for Lindsay...who flew down) in Montgomery and spent the night so we could all drive down together. We all piled up in Chris Anne's van (we're wild)...and hit the road. SO MUCH FUN! It's like we never missed a day and are back in the dorm...or S2...or S11...or the Burton Hills. I love that we just pick right up where we left off. Angie came this year...and WHAT A LOVELY ADDITION! Angie...I have missed you! So glad you are part of the Mommy Island crew now!

Here are some pictures of our awesome trip. Already ready to go back! Can we just go now? Love you ladies...SO MUCH FUN!. My favorite quote..."I'm so happy"...we must have said that a million times. :) Thanks to our hubbies for holding down the forts at home so we can have some time away. We are all so blessed. LOVE!
Mommy Island.  We call it Mommy Island, b/c last year (and this year), Jillina sweet talks the little beach, umbrella guys into putting our chairs out every day ALL ALONE.  Seriously...they do it too (she's good, I tell ya).  No kids next to us (no offense kids...we just left ours at home and want to be far away)...no people in general...just our own little island.  It's so funny.  You can always tell where we are b/c it is chair after chair...and then you see empty sand...and then the mommy island!  Hilarious. 
Here is our island when we first got there Friday!  We hit the beach immediately after lunch at Cowgirl Kitchen! 
I always make a treat basket for the girls...So fun! 
View of downtown Rosemary from mine and Jillina's room.  We had an UNBELIEVABLE condo right in the middle of the square.  Gorgeous...we could walk everywhere.  Our condo was on the top floor of a building right there along 30a!  The time of year that we go is perfect...after spring break and before summer, so the prices are wonderful!  Not a bad thing to wake up to! 
Ready to go out.  We opted for an early Cinco de Mayo celebration...much less crowded on May 4!  :)  Such pretty friends. 
Angie, Chris and Bethany...so pretty!  I forget the name of this restaurant, but for those of you that have been there...it's the Mexican place right there in Seacrest Beach.  It was SOO good and such a pretty restaurant! 
Kate, Lindsay and Jillina
Ahhhh....PERFECTION! 
Beach beauties...heading up to lunch one day! 
Our fave and one of the highlights of our weekend...yes...we get way too excited about our meals...it's very important though!  :) 
CAFE 30A...the BEST PLACE EVER! 
Chris, Lindsay and Bethany.  Bethany (our Stella & Dot consultant) blinged us all out every night with gorgeous jewelry.  So fun! 
Kate, Jillina and Angie! So fun...love these ladies! 
My meal...red meat...as always.  I just can't turn down a yummy filet like this...with the veggies...and the bleu cheese...are you kidding me?!  Boy, was it good! 
Even though we are all so stuffed from dinner...there is always room for creme brulee!  Always!  Delicious.  I had to take a bite before I even got a picture!  :)  DELICIOUS! 
GREAT NIGHT!  This was before I realized my phone had a flash setting (yep...had it a year...never knew it). 
One of my favorite places on the planet!  I told Ben I wanted to take him there...and he was like "no, that's your place with your girls".  So cute.  Love him.  :) 
One of the greens looking back on Rosemary!  LOVE!  Such a gorgeous little beach town. 
Sun beauties taking a break from the sun for lunch.  Such a rough life on Mommy Island! 
Heaven on Earth!  I seriously think I could live at the beach...
Headed up to Seaside to Bud & Alleys...we had to have dinner downstairs because the wind was SO crazy.  Drinks were literally falling over...and I think a napkin flew up and hit Chris in the head. 
Right outside the Taco Bar...funny girls! 
Back upstairs to Bud & Alleys for after-dinner refreshment. 
Me and my bestest, Jillina!  LOVE YOU! 
Chris, Lindsay (and Baby Culbreath) and Bethany
There you are, Angie...love! 
 SO MUCH FUN!  CAN'T WAIT UNTIL NEXT YEAR! 

1 comment:

Angie said...

Relaxed just after looking at the pics. Such a fun trip and so much fun getting caught up with all you ladies!! Can't wait to repeat next year!