This was at 2:00 when the race was supposed to start (notice...no people). The race was delayed. We sat inside in the nice dry room and waited it out. It was cool b/c when the rain stopped, these trucks drove around the track and dried the ground. Very cool.
Thursday, March 27, 2008
My First NASCAR Race!
I never thought that I would ever go to a NASCAR race, but had my first opportunity a few weekends ago. Ben's company sponsors one of the races in Bristol (Sharpie 300)and he scored tickets in their luxury suite. We thought the race might be cancelled because it was raining, but it was quite nice to be inside in the dry! The suite was really nice...the food, drinks, everything was GREAT! Definitely the way to go to a race! I know nothing about racing and couldn't understand why they kept slowing down (caution flag). I thought...what kind of race is this? My thinking...you got a flat tire...wreck...etc...your fault and you had to just get off the track somehow. I didn't know that they slow down for those. I just couldn't understand why the race wouldn't start already! :) Apparently I have lots to learn about NASCAR.
Ben listening to the drivers on the radio. That was my favorite part.
Finally...the race begins! We didn't stay the whole time. I don't know that I'll ever go again, but it was quite the experience and was much more fun than I thought. Those NASCAR fans are crazy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm with you. I've never fully understood the thrill of NASCAR.
how funny. i've never been to a race either. sounds pretty interesting.
Post a Comment