Tuesday, February 05, 2008

We Hate Germs!

I have so much to post about but I am at Mom and Dad Hazlewoods so I can't upload my pictures. We have had a busy few weeks, but thought I would update you on the latest happenings. So Saturday morning Sam woke up with a cough. Not really a big deal. However, he never really got better and Monday he started this bad runny nose thing. I took him to day care on Monday morning. When I called at lunch to check on him the owner told me that 2 babies were out with RSV! WHAT???!!! So there was my answer to go ahead and take him to the doctor. I thought that by taking him I would feel much better and that it would be nothing but a cold. Well, his RSV test came back positive and his ear infection was back and bulging (whatever that means). UGH! Needless to say...he is not in school right now and staying with his NaNa and YaYa during the day. His RSV is just an upper respiratory infection for now and has not yet moved to the lower part (agan, whatever that means). Apparently, RSV really shows itself by the 4th to 5th day...so tomorrow will be the 5th day. They didn't start him on any treatments yet, so we go back tomorrow to recheck. We shall see...hopefully it won't get to that point. He seems to be doing okay. He has a nasty cough and runny nose, but no wheezing or anything (thank goodness) and even though he is sick, he is just as happy as ever so that is a major blessing.
Please pray that tomorrow, we are all clear and back to normal! It is pitiful to hear him coughing and to think that he isn't feeling well. Anyway...I tell you all of that to ask for a few prayers for fast healing of our precious baby boy! :) I know he will be fine but it is just scary.

I will keep you updated on how he is over the next few days. I also have to post some pictures of my newly painted kitchen (very nice) and our visit to Nashville to mom's house where we got to meet baby Ella Grace and baby Andrew!

2 comments:

Angela said...

So sorry to hear he is sick! Apparently, RSV is going around here in Nashville too. I have heard from a couple friends of babies having it at their day care. I have been keeping Paula in the past few days. Can't wait to see more pictures! I'll be praying for you guys!

Angie said...

We'll be praying that Sam is back to normal really soon. I know that must have been a scary diagnosis.