And the hits just keep on coming! :) Well, I am posting from home today as we have a sick baby once again. Last night Ben's parents invited us over for dinner. Sam was in a great mood like usual. Well, NaNa was holding him for a while and all of a sudden, he vomitted all over the place. Okay..that was weird since he has never even spit up before. So we got all cleaned up and sure enough again...anywho...to spare all of the details, he did this on and off for about 4 hours. Eventually he had nothing left. It was awful! Thank goodness we were at Ben's parents house or I would have ran as fast as I could to the ER (and with all the sickness going around, would still probably be there). They helped us get through it. We talked to the 24 hr nurse and she gave us some things to do throughout the night. Anyway, long story short, we are on a pedialyte diet today and he actually hasn't gotten sick since about 9:45 last night (knock on wood for me would you). When Ben talked to the doctor's office this morning, they had already had 3-4 calls about the exact same thing and said that this 24 hour stomach thing was going around...and of course, Sam caught it.
He's slept a lot today and we have been slowly giving him the pedialyte to make sure he is hydrated and is able to keep it down. It was a long night last night, but he slept well then too. Thank goodness! Anywho...I say all of that to ask for a couple prayers for little Sam. It absolutely broke our hearts to see him like that. I guess this one thing about parenting that I am NOT loving (and I know it just gets worse)...worrying! I come from a long line of worriers too so I am already bad enough (sorry mom and Sara but you know it's true:) )
Anyway, I'll try to post something happy nexy time...however, whether you have babies, toddlers or just you yourself...STAY AWAY from these awful germs. I know we can't help it, but yucky! I hope everyone is relatively healthy and doing well.
5 comments:
Oh my word! I would have freaked out, William still hasn't thrown up yet, I'm so afraid I'll just throw up right back or soemthing! I'll be praying for you guys!
I'll definitely say a prayer for little Sam! Poor thing! But I cannot believe he's never spit up...I think Paula Grace spits up at least once a day. The projectile ones are the best:)
bless your heart, and poor little sam's too. there is nothing worse than a stomach bug. thank goodness for pedialyte, though! hope he is better soon.
Poor baby!!!! That is horrible!!! I have only been around a sick baby like that once (my real estate partner's daughter) and it broke my heart in half, and she wasn't even "mine"!!! I'm so sorry! Many prayers for him to get better and STAY better right away!!!
I am so sorry!!!! Clear Pedialyte is the best. I learned to get the clear kind after we had tried all of the yummy flavors...and I got tired of cleaning the coloring out of the carpet! :) Throwing up is NO fun! I hope everyone is at 100%very soon! He is a cutie!
Post a Comment