Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Happy Easter!

I hope everyone had a great Easter and were able to stay fairly warm...what in the world? My mom came into town this weekend and we had the best time. We shopped on Saturday...as I have caved into the world of maternity clothes. I just CANNOT suck it in any longer. I figure that I made it long enough and right now...comfort is most important. It is hard finding maternity clothes that are attractive yet affordable...considering I am trying to save money for my big rocker/glider/swivel/heaven chair that I found for the nursery. Oh my...it is amazing. I will have to post a picture of it...after I convince Ben that is a very "practical" purchase and that I really NEED (okay...so I really WANT) it! :)

Anywho...Friday is the big ultrasound so we can find out what little Hazlewood will be. Some say boy...some say girl...I have no idea either way. I just want it's eyes and ears to be in the right place. (for those of you who have never received those week by week pregnancy emails...they tell you that by such and such week your baby's eyes and/or ears should be in their rightful place now). Where in the world did they start out...on the same side...on top of their head? I don't get it. It is all very bizarre and amazing all at the same time. We are having fun though. I will definitely let you all know once we find out on Friday. YEAH!

Okay...sorry I got off subject there for a minute. Back to Easter. We all went to our respective churches on Sunday and had a big lunch at my sister's house. Here are some photos of my precious nieces. They were so cute in their Easter dresses. Notice the cardigans...they must take after their Aunt Kate (aka Cardigan Kate per Mark Cabaniss). :)

Kennedy, Emma and Grace

I also posted some of the newest diaper cakes that I have made. My sister's friend does monogramming and was doing a booth at a craft fair, so I sent some diaper cakes with her...for fun...you never know if someone would want one. I have been wanting to do a UT one for a while...so I finally got my chance. They are so fun to make.

That is all for now. Have a great rest of the week!

8 comments:

Kimberlie Reese Denham said...

Cute diaper cakes! I made one once down here in Brazil for a girl who I didn't know too well. She pulled it out of the box, looked at it, and then quickly put it back. She has never said anything about it since. She must be thinking, "That crazy American, I can't believe she rolled up all those diapers and tied them together"! Note to self: Diaper cakes did not cross the cultrual border in Brazil. :)

Jillina said...

Glad Cardigan Kate is rubbing off on the girls who are beautiful!! And love the newest diaper cakes!!

Literally can not wait till Friday then Saturday as well. :)

chris anne said...

those girls are just too cute. glad you had a great easter. can't wait to hear what color we need to buy--blue or pink?!?

Angie said...

I will never make fun of a cardigan. It's the only thing that saved me from freezing to death on Easter Sunday. We were out of town, so I couldn't run to the closet and pick something warmer Eater Sunday. If it hadn't been for a loaner cardigan, I might not be here today! he he!:)

Lindsay said...

I can't wait to hear the exciting news tomorrow. Keep us posted!

Abigail and Ansley said...

Those girls are gorgeous! Wow! I love your diaper cakes! You are so talented! You could definitely open a business! I can't wait to hear your big news!
Love you!

Anonymous said...

Kate--it is Friday! Where is the update? Love the diaper cakes. I thought I did a cute diaper cake, but I was so wrong! How did you make it into a square? You are so Martha Stewart! Love, Bethany

Lindsay said...

So....Boy or Girl?